Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-04-2016, 09:52 AM   #271
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Looking at the code the error messages point to, there is a problem with the custom column you are using for the annotations. Something could have happened to the configuration. Can you check that you have the correct custom column selected? And that it has the correct type. It needs to be "Long text, like comments, not shown in the tag browser".

The reason for latter part of the suggestion is the presence of the Zotero Metadata Importer plugin. I know it adds a new datatype for text type columns. I suspect the column you are using for annotations has been affected by this. If you have uninstalled this plugin, it probably has left the column definition.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-04-2016 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Apparently I was wrong about this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #272
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ZMI does NOT add a new datatype for text type columns

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Looking at the code the error messages point to, there is a problem with the custom column you are using for the annotations. Something could have happened to the configuration. Can you check that you have the correct custom column selected? And that it has the correct type. It needs to be "Long text, like comments, not shown in the tag browser".

The reason for latter part of the suggestion is the presence of the Zotero Metadata Importer plugin. I know it adds a new datatype for text type columns. I suspect the column you are using for annotations has been affected by this. If you have uninstalled this plugin, it probably has left the column definition.
No, ZMI does NOT add a new datatype for text type columns. I have no idea why you "know" that it does.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-04-2016 at 10:47 AM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2016, 07:54 PM   #273
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
No, ZMI does NOT add a new datatype for text type columns. I have no idea why you "know" that it does.
My apologies. I vaguely followed the thread were petzi was trying to set things up. All the problems appeared to related to columns and their datatypes. Then when you proposed changes to add a new datatype, I made the assumption that the ZMI plugin was doing something under the covers. If that is not the case, then my apologies.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:16 AM   #274
petzi
Connoisseur
petzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, iPad mini 4, iPhone XS
Sorry for the late answer and thanks for the suggestion:

Quote:
Can you check that you have the correct custom column selected? And that it has the correct type. It needs to be "Long text, like comments, not shown in the tag browser".
Yes, I checked this: The custom column I did create and have chosen to store the imported notes from the annotation plug-in did have the correct type.

But I noted another strange thing: The plug-in works with my other databases. Copying the database where I had the problems to another place solved the problem.

But I am not sure if this really was the cause which solved my problem: I experimented with other things as well: Deleting the old column and creating another one. De-installing and installing the plug-in again etc.

But as for now: it works!
petzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:58 AM   #275
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

In that case, I don't know what went wrong. The only thing I can think is that with adding and removing columns to get ZMI working, something went wrong. There might be a problem if the annotation column is deleted after the plugins configuration is done. I need to check this and add a warning for it if needed.
Advert
Old 08-20-2016, 12:46 AM   #276
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.4.11

I have just updated the plugin to version 1.4.11. This is to catch up on the various changes in the betas from earlier in the year. The fixes are:
  • Kindle: Add second Spanish identifiers.
  • KoboTouch: Fix "Last Annotation" timestamp in import dialog
  • KoboTouch: Annotation timestamp now shown in local time
  • KoboTouch: Change database queries to improve performance.
  • KoboTouch: Change to use apsw instead of sqlite3

The last change is the only one not in the previous betas. This is to bring the plugin into line with the changes in the KoboTouch driver.

As usual, the update will be available through calibre in the next hour or so. Or you can download it from the first post. And if you see any problems, please report them here.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:58 PM   #277
richo
Connoisseur
richo began at the beginning.

Device: KOReader on: Kindle Paperwhite and Android
It is a while I can not use your plugin. It always throes error. I suspect there is some kind of issue in its DB or Calibre DB.

I would appreciate if you could help me to find it and solve it.
The error is always same. It demonstrates always at File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotations_db", line 241, in capture_content. It is triggered either when adding annotations into calibre:

Code:
calibre, version 2.68.0
Error fetching annotations: <p>Unable to fetch annotations from Amazon Kindle.</p>

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 289, in fetch_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 994, in process_selected_books
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 146, in add_annotations_to_calibre
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotations", line 251, in merge_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotations_db", line 241, in capture_content
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
or in customize plugin when moving from one column to other :

Code:
calibre 2.68 Portable embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 2, 0) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && iOS reader applications (1, 4, 7, 0, 0) && Annotations (1, 4, 11) && Marvin XD (1, 2, 4) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 17)
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.config", line 409, in launch_cc_wizard
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.config", line 372, in _update_combo_box
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.config", line 251, in annotations_destination_changed
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.common_utils", line 1009, in move_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotations_db", line 241, in capture_content
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
I looked at the code and the line 241 is:

Code:
this_ua.highlight_color = ua.find('table')['color']
I do not know enough about python to understand this fully. Maybe @davidfor can help?
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:56 PM   #278
fathermocker
fathermocker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Is it possible to view the annotations using calibre's built-in viewer, as in-text notes? Or something similar?
fathermocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:55 AM   #279
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Not at this point. The calibre viewer support for annotations doesn't match what I need. There is a new version coming as part of calibre 3.0. When that comes out, I will have a look and see what is possible.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:51 PM   #280
percio
percio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Is it possible that the plugin stopped working properly on Calibre 2.74? The notes from the last books I read aren't appearing in my custom column
percio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:19 AM   #281
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by percio View Post
Is it possible that the plugin stopped working properly on Calibre 2.74? The notes from the last books I read aren't appearing in my custom column
It is working correctly here. Could you check the configuration? Make sure the annotations column is set correctly. If it is, can you run calibre in debug mode, fetch the annotations and post the debug log? I should be able to see what is happening from that.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:16 PM   #282
percio
percio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
fetch the annotations
...I'm sorry, it was a quite dumb reason, I forgot it doesn't run on its own.
percio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:39 PM   #283
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by percio View Post
...I'm sorry, it was a quite dumb reason, I forgot it doesn't run on its own.
(Sorry, I couldn't help it.)
Old 02-16-2017, 01:46 PM   #284
jmpio
jmpio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Annotations

The plugin Annotations.zip is installed, but I'm not able to get any annotations from the Kobo Glo when connected.
Any suggestion? Thank you

Below the answer received when launching the plugin:

calibre, version 2.79.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>CorruptError</b>:CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

calibre 2.79 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 0, 8) && Inept Epub DeDRM (0, 1, 7) && KePub Metadata Reader (2, 7, 1) && Annotations (1, 4, 11) && Kobo Utilities (2, 5, 2) && KePub Metadata Writer (2, 7, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 1, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (2, 8, 2) && Ignoble Epub DeDRM (0, 1, 6)
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 335, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 531, in get_annotated_books_on_usb_device
File "c:\users\jmpio-pc\appdata\local\temp\calibre_annotations_plugin\K oboTouch.py", line 66, in get_active_annotations
File "c:\users\jmpio-pc\appdata\local\temp\calibre_annotations_plugin\K oboTouch.py", line 378, in _fetch_annotations
File "c:\users\jmpio-pc\appdata\local\temp\calibre_annotations_plugin\K oboTouch.py", line 385, in _read_database_annotations
File "c:\cygwin64\home\kovid\sw\build\apsw-3.8.2-r1\src\cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
jmpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:38 AM   #285
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@jmpio: Unfortunately, that says the database on the device is corrupt. Unless you have a backup of the database, you will need to sign out of the Kobo account on the device and back in. This will generate a new database and download any purchased books and reprocess any sideloaded books. The database will be cleared of annotations for sideloaded books, but if there are any annotation files in the "Digital Editions" directory, these will be used when the books are opened.

Tags
sampleexportingapp