colly began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs300
Conversion error

Hi,

While converting a html file to epub I get the following error:

Detecting structure...
Detected chapter: A Silent Witness A Silent Witness by R Austin F
Python function terminated unexpectedly
Only processing instructions and comments can be siblings of the root element (Error Code: 1)

I have 2 computers and when I do the conversion on one of them it is successful but on the other I get the above error. I am running v7.1

I have tried looking in the manual but cannot find anything relating to this problem.

Thanks

Colly
colly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your html file is malformed. Specifically it has elements outside the <html> element.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 02:27 AM   #3
colly
colly began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs300
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't want any more help with this, but am just passing on some information.

I did a w3c verification on the html file and it was a valid file. I then uninstalled calibre and downloaded and installed v7.2. After that, calibre still came up with the same error as indicated in my original message but this time it passed over the error (as per the log file printout) and continued the conversion. The resultant epub file was not formatted correctly.

It seems strange that I can run the calibre epub conversion for the same file on 2 different computers and that calibre handles the file differently on each computer. Maybe there is something in the configuration of my laptop which is causing the problem.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Colly
colly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, epub, error