Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Dark Blue 505
Read Kindle books on Cybook

Hey everyone...my wife wants to get the Kindle..but I like the Cybook. Is it possible to read ebooks from Amazon on the Cybook? I would be using her account and downloading my own books....I've seen a thread about reading other mobipocket books on the Kindle, but not the other way around...

Thanks for any help!!

Dave
davers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Kindle and CyBook will both read DRM-free MobiPocket books. You can't read DRM-protected Kindle books on the CyBook unless you remove the DRM, which may or may not be legal where you live.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The Kindle supports two DRM-laden formats, AZW and TOPAZ. The vast majority of Kindle ebooks are AZW's, and this is essentially identical to DRMed MOBI. All AZW ebooks can be made into DRM-free MOBI using modidedrm and the Kindle's PID (e.g. from KindleFIX, see Visual Kindle Guide).

The TOPAZ ebooks are only readable on the Kindle.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The Kindle supports two DRM-laden formats, AZW and TOPAZ. ....

The TOPAZ ebooks are only readable on the Kindle.
Three formats, I think. There is also AZW1, which is only readable on the Kindle, so far as I know.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
There is also AZW1, which is only readable on the Kindle, so far as I know.
TOPAZ ebooks come with the file extension .azw1 or .tpz, see AZW1 books and Identifying Topaz/AZW1 files prior to purchase.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davers View Post
Hey everyone...my wife wants to get the Kindle..but I like the Cybook. Is it possible to read ebooks from Amazon on the Cybook?
As noted by others, it is possible (for non-Topaz books) if one is willing to take the (possibly illegal) step of removing the DRM from the .azw ebooks via mobidedrm so that they can be read on the Cybook as well as the Kindle.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote