Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2019, 10:54 PM   #1
jgould1981
jgould1981 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen
Using a local install of Calibre as a client for a server

Is there any way to use a local install of Calibre on my laptop to connect to the instance of Calibre running on my desktop?

I want to be able to have the desktop do the heavy lifting of importing and converting ebooks. Don't know if it's possible or not
jgould1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the calibre content server.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2019, 11:35 PM   #3
jgould1981
jgould1981 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen
If I use the content server how do I put books on my reader that isn't attached to the machine running the content server?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
jgould1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:52 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
download them directly from the content server onto your device. Most devices have internet access these days.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote