Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2014, 08:45 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
requesting blurb feedback for another book

This novel is suspense. Here's the cover:

And here's the blurb:

Reverend John Archer used to be a good man.

He's spent his life serving the disadvantaged in his violent, gang-infested Chicago neighborhood, but when on a hot summer day he witnesses the gang execution of an upstanding fourteen-year-old boy, he's had it with turning the other cheek. He gives a statement to the police identifying the brutal gang leader who did the shooting.

Now he and his family are targets.

His wife wants them to run or for him to at least retract his statement, but Archer isn't backing down.

Archer's been spat on. He's been written off as a coward by the gangs, and in his heart of hearts he's often wondered if that's been true. But now that his family's life is on the line, he's ready to do anything to protect them. Anything.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

requesting blurb feedback for yet another novel (last one I promise)

This one is romantic suspense. Here's the cover:

And here's the blurb:

Jamie Thompson is the perfect person. Her CEO father has made sure of that. She has the perfect manners, a perfect tennis backhand and a perfect life. Jamie has a silver spoon in her mouth—and she's gagging on it.

She has to get away.

She's come up with the perfect plan. A friend in a west Texas border town has lined up an accounting job for her, but when Jamie gets there the job has fallen through. But there's a waitress position open at a bar and grill. The one thing Jamie knows is she isn't going back to her father, and so, broke, sixteen hundred miles from home and alone for the first time in her life, she goes for it.

What she finds is a world of gun-toting cowboys, Mexican drug gangs, the occult and a string of brutal rapes and murders. And Ricky Benson, a flame-throwing baseball pitcher, fallen from grace, who she falls head over heels in love with.

But the violence escalates. A fellow waitress is murdered, and Jamie feels like she might be next. Then Ricky Benson is accused of murder.

Jamie can make one phone call and her father will send the company jet for her—or she can stay and face the life that confronts her and fight for the man she loves.
Advert
Old 11-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I really like both of those blurbs.

I like the cover of Man of God. The cover of the Jamie story seems a bit generic to me but it does fit.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:52 PM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
I really like both of those blurbs.

I like the cover of Man of God. The cover of the Jamie story seems a bit generic to me but it does fit.

Thanks pendragginp. I really appreciate the feedback.