Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
monsterbadgog
monsterbadgog began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
After resetting to factory default, some wierd letters in title.

Hi...Anyone can help me?

I purchased one of dummies series from amazon and after I reset to factory default, this book shows its title with wierd letters. any idea why?

For your information, I hacked it so that I could see Korean but later I deleted it because there are not many Korean books unless I made one. And after delete, I reset to factory defacut just in case...and then this problem come up....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-03-20 09.00.12 For Amazon 1.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	68697   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-03-20 09.00.12 For Amazon 2.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	68698  
monsterbadgog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Looks like HTML, which Kindle books (and Mobipocket format in general) are based on. <sup> is superscript. You can't have that kind of thing in a title, which is metadata, and not the same as part of the book. The character entity specified (#174) is the registered trademark symbol.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Did you UNinstall the hack (and jailbreak, if necessary). Factory reset does not necessarily remove the hacks or jailbreak. Font hack? Or other?
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
monsterbadgog
monsterbadgog began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
I think I did uninstall properly. Reverse of the hack and remove fonts. But I doubt this hack did affect that anyhow. I called Amazon support and they refund the money full amount. They did not provide solution though.
monsterbadgog is offline   Reply With Quote