Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #61
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I guess the real question is, are the better speakers worth $40?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #62
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I guess the real question is, are the better speakers worth $40?
If you plan to use it for mainly music then yes as that's probably how much good speakers would cost. I however am going to wait for Cyber Monday as last year it was $50 off so I can get the one with more storage.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #63
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I just returned from Best Buy. The manager thinks the black version of the new Kindle Fires will be on display a week before the sale date. Amazon will send a rep to set it up.

I'm happy, that will give me time to see it and cancel my order if I don't like it. I ordered the Citron 16GB. I was going for the 8GB but I noticed on the Amazon page that we will be able to download some Instant Video content in the future. $20 isn't that much more.

I'm not planning on buying a case, I don't use my iPads or ereaders with covers on them. A pouch will do nicely.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #64
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I'm wondering if the camera on the 6" will be very good for taking pictures?
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #65
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I went for the 16gb because I always have at least 5 audibles on my device at any one time, not to mention all the other misc. files. My current 32gb Fire is 23gbs full so I am obviously going to have to curtail how much crap I accumulate on my device.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
There are a lot of things to like about this Fire! I can imagine taking this thing anywhere and taking pictures. I am always astonished when I see people taking pictures with large tablets, like the ipad, at museums etc. WTH??? But this Fire 6 is another story altogether!
There are a couple of tablets in this commercial

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #67
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It is cute. If only it had better speakers. I guess once it ships we can see if there is much difference between the two.
I agree. The 6" size would be great for audiobooks and music if it only had stereo speakers like those on the HDs. If it had a kickstand or a very slim case with a kickstand, it would make a great bedside info center - clock, alarm, weather, news, traffic, music, etc.

Lots of possibilities for the 6" size.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #68
chanfm
Enthusiast
chanfm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Arc, Kindle PW3
If anyone is interested, the Kindle Fire HDX 7" certified refurbished is on sale for $159. About 18 hours left.
chanfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #69
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just read last year's Kindle Fire will get Sangria and the Family Library option!! This may keep me from purchasing another Fire for now. Not sure I still want to get Hubby's one as he has the First Generation kindle Fire I gave him.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #70
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I have just finished talking with a rooCase representative. They will be making the Origami Slim cases for the new Fire tablets. They just made an entry on Amazon.
The price and delivery date are not set yet. They are hoping for an earlier than November release.
http://amzn.com/B00NQMRAFW

I've got the cases for my iPads. I'm very happy with them. So, I've changed my mind. I'll definitely be ordering a case from rooCase. Now if I can just make myself leave the tablet in the case...

Last edited by mycurlylocks; 09-22-2014 at 07:01 PM.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:16 AM   #71
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just read last year's Kindle Fire will get Sangria and the Family Library option!! This may keep me from purchasing another Fire for now. Not sure I still want to get Hubby's one as he has the First Generation kindle Fire I gave him.
Good! If the 2013 Fire HD meets your needs with it's processor speed, etc, then why not just keep it! Then you can see if you have any need for the Fire 6 for the rare occasion when you go out of the house
Old 09-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #72
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Good! If the 2013 Fire HD meets your needs with it's processor speed, etc, then why not just keep it! Then you can see if you have any need for the Fire 6 for the rare occasion when you go out of the house
I only use it for games and music so yes it works well for that but I still want to get hubby one so we can play the same games. He can only play certain ones on the KFv1 and he can't use the coin system at all.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:29 AM   #73
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I only use it for games and music so yes it works well for that but I still want to get hubby one so we can play the same games. He can only play certain ones on the KFv1 and he can't use the coin system at all.
Nice....maybe they'll run a special on refurb Fire 2013. I am not convinced there will be a Black Friday sale on the 2014 Fire. At least not on the 6. It's already such a low price. But who can say? I'm saving up points for a 2nd one, since I couldn't use any points on my pre-order.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #74
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Nice....maybe they'll run a special on refurb Fire 2013. I am not convinced there will be a Black Friday sale on the 2014 Fire. At least not on the 6. It's already such a low price. But who can say? I'm saving up points for a 2nd one, since I couldn't use any points on my pre-order.
The big BF sales are generally for the previous year's model. Last BF, I was able to get a new 2012 Fire HD 7 for $100; so this year's BF should be for the 2013 models. But who knows, there may be a modest sale on the new models.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #75
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The big BF sales are generally for the previous year's model. Last BF, I was able to get a new 2012 Fire HD 7 for $100; so this year's BF should be for the 2013 models. But who knows, there may be a modest sale on the new models.
It's was Cyber Monday. That had the big sale last year. $50 off the current year model. I was able to order 16GB instead of the smaller one. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise but it was to good of a deal to pass up.