Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-23-2015, 12:55 AM   #1
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
Koreader 12 hour clock? / Front light gesture

I've just installed KSM and Koreader. So far, I really like having a visual progress bar, clock, batt status, pages left in chapter indicators at the bottom.

The only thing though, is while I know how to read the 24 hour clock, I prefer the clock to be in 12 hour format. I don't see a setting for this anywhere in defaults.lua

Is there a way to get the clock to display in 12 hour format?

EDIT:

Is there a way to increase/decrease the front light level other than accessing the front light setting options to manually specifify the light level numeral? The two finger pan swipe gesture doesn't seem to be working.

Device is Kobo Aura H20 running FW 3.19.5613 with patches.

Last edited by tayseidel; 12-23-2015 at 01:21 AM.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:23 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (retired), AuraHD, PDA,
The "time" is set from an OS call:

function ReaderFooter:getTimeInfo()
return os.date("%H:%M")
end

Maybe you could try %H -12: (Probably, not that easy.)

It is in: .adds>koreader>frontend>apps>reader>modules>reader footer.lua

I don't use the light that much, and never got the current gestures to adjust the light working on my Aura HD.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:43 PM   #3
arasyi
Zealot
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Use "%I:%M %p" for 12-hour time format.
You can omit "%p" if you don't want am/pm info
arasyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:26 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arasyi View Post
Use "%I:%M %p" for 12-hour time format.
You can omit "%p" if you don't want am/pm info
Right, I changed the %H to %I and it worked for the footer, thanks. I think I will leave the dropdown menu on 24hr mode.

Luck;
Ken
Old 12-24-2015, 01:31 AM   #5
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Perfect. Replacing "%H:%M" with "%I:%M %p" had the desired effect.

I can live with manually adjusting the frontlight. However, the frontlight being off by default in KSM 08 is somewhat of an irritant. I'm sure there is a way to configure it so that the frontlight is on by default, but I don't see an obvious way to do this.

Other than that, I like Koboreader. Enough that I will likely install it on my Glo HD so I can have the ability to sync reading positions between my H20 and Glo HD.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:57 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayseidel View Post
Perfect. Replacing "%H:%M" with "%I:%M %p" had the desired effect.

I can live with manually adjusting the frontlight. However, the frontlight being off by default in KSM 08 is somewhat of an irritant. I'm sure there is a way to configure it so that the frontlight is on by default, but I don't see an obvious way to do this.

Other than that, I like Koboreader. Enough that I will likely install it on my Glo HD so I can have the ability to sync reading positions between my H20 and Glo HD.
It has been reported that the frontlight gesture works on the Glo HD.

The KSM main menu has "Front light on" as the first/top selection. You can easily find it in the dark. This may still be there in KSM8, (I still am using KSM7+4):

configure>general>add item>"startwithlighton=true".

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 12-24-2015 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:15 AM   #7
tayseidel
Zealot

configure>general>add item>"startwithlighton=true" did the trick for me. Thank you Ken!

I will post here on whether the frontlight gesture works for me in the Glo HD in koreader when I install KSM and koreader on it.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #8
tayseidel
Zealot

Just installed KSM and Koreader on the Glo HD.

Indeed the pan gesture for the frontlight works on the GloHD, but not the H20. Interesting.

I'm very much looking forward to the sync feature built into Koreader. Reading Leviathan Wakes on the Glo HD and being able to pick up where I left off on the H20 would be nice.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #9
arooni
Zealot
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
very useful! worked well on my PW4. i can't handle the 24 hour clock. #soamerican lol
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote