Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-06-2020, 12:40 PM   #1
j33p
j33p began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Forma
Just a « coucou ! » from France

[I first wrote the beginning of this post and ... pfuiittttt ! (bad keys sequence => changing fingers) : it disappears ! :O
I've waited some times but it seems to have really vanished ... my apologies if it arise some day in the future]

Hello world !

I an here to solve a little [i hope so] problem with a french recipe ('Mediapart') in 'Calibre', but -- as here is not the place to do it -- i'll go to the concerned thread after introducing me [just a very little] :
As said in title, I'm from France.
And, as not said, i'm an ol' geek (since '90), using debian (Linux) system since 1998 ... and -- of course (?) -- no more Windows©/DOS (W95 and Dos 6.22) since these times.
But I've no skill in 'C' and the like, nor in Python (reason why I came here), just a long shell script practice (mainly 'bash' and (little) 'zsh') and years of ELisp in early 2000, when I customized my (X)Emacs.

I bought a 'Forma' (Kobo©) in may and I'm happy with it as it's a linux and it's very ... open (at least, from my point of view).

I must really cheers and thanx all contributors here as they help me in many cases just reading explanations. And also discover some modules and extensions to h4ck the devices.
I have a special mention to amazing Kovid Goyal and Calibre team ... they're just incredibly reactive and skilled, they just stucked me (do one can say that ?) !
So : thanks, thanks and thanks again, 'Calibre' is an awesome program which can do almost everything ... but coffee !

So ... i'll first try to private message to DanielBonnery as he surely understand french -speaking- writing.

-See- Read you in another thread !
j33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:25 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2020, 01:55 PM   #3
j33p
j33p began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Forma
Thanx, sirtel !
j33p is offline   Reply With Quote