Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-12-2020, 08:56 PM   #1
JoeBaggins
JoeBaggins began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2
Onyx Boox NeoReader Bulk Organization

Hello,

Someone has probably already asked and been given an answer for this but I couldn't locate the answer so I do apologize in advance. I just purchased an Onyx Boox Nova 2. I am wondering if there is someway to transfer my books (I have been collecting ebooks since 2010 and I have over 2,000 of them) in bulk onto the NeoReader in an organized fashion.

To clarify: I had a Sony PRS-T3 and more recently a Kobo Libra. Both of these devices I could move ebooks in bulk (using Calibre) and create collections/subfolders en mass. Is this possible to do with my new device? Creating collections one at a time and then transferring books into them in groupings is honestly more effort than I am willing to put in.

My ebook collection is divided into books that I sort by Authors and by books that I sort by Tags. I don't have duplicates between these two categories which is the only reason I'm reluctant to download MoonReader. From my research, MoonReader will categorize my books in a number of different ways depending on my preference, but it is a fluid grouping dependent on my choice of search in that moment. There is nothing wrong with that and I can understand the appeal, but I am looking for something more stationary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
JoeBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, as I recall this device does not expose the ability to make collections over the USB connection, or if ti does no one who has the device has contributed code for it to calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:38 AM   #3
JoeBaggins
JoeBaggins began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2
I understand. Thank you very much
JoeBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote