Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 04:09 PM   #1
edent
Enthusiast
edent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Likebook Ares, Kindle 3G, Nook STR, 511eb
Question Boox Nova Pro?

Has anyone heard of the Nova Pro?

I asked https://twitter.com/onyxboox about the Nova's availability in the UK. They said...

"The Nova will not be available in the UK but the Nova Pro will in early 2019 on EU Amazon."

I thought they meant the Nova Plus - and I expressed my disappointment, because I really want a front light.

They said...

"The Nova Pro has a front light and better than the Nova. If you can wait, wait for it."

So... errr....? I can't find any information about the Pro online. Does anyone know what they're talking about? Or, failing that, where I can buy a USB-C eReader in the UK?
edent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 04:37 PM   #2
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Check this out.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
MicheleC
Enthusiast
MicheleC can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterMicheleC can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterMicheleC can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterMicheleC can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterMicheleC can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterMicheleC can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterMicheleC can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterMicheleC can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterMicheleC can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterMicheleC can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterMicheleC can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: PalmTX/Illiad v2/PB 360/Nexus 7/Kobo Clara/Boox Nova Pro
Amazon order done!
MicheleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
I ordered mine from the ereader.store in Germany. Hopefully, it will ship in the next few days. I guess it really depends on how many pre-orders there were.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:39 AM   #5
Vadym
Vadym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I ordered mine from the ereader.store in Germany. Hopefully, it will ship in the next few days. I guess it really depends on how many pre-orders there were.
Have received it yesterday already from the same store.
I did my order on 1st of March, shipped to Poland 4th and 6th received early in the morning

Is it possible connect mobi and prc files as lookup dictionary in onyx boox?
I'm 10+ years kindle only user... so need some help to tame this device
which apk is the very best here?

Last edited by Vadym; 03-07-2019 at 08:56 AM.
Vadym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:08 AM   #6
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
What you think of it?
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #7
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadym View Post
Have received it yesterday already from the same store.
I did my order on 1st of March, shipped to Poland 4th and 6th received early in the morning
Am very jealous. Mine will likely take a bit longer to arrive as I placed an order for the Note Pro at the same time so I suspect that my Nova Pro won't ship until the Note Pro is available sometime after March 18th. Should have placed the orders separately.

Quote:
Is it possible connect mobi and prc files as lookup dictionary in onyx boox?
So far as I am aware, the lookup dictionary needs to be in stardict format, but I could be mistaken. Of course, you could always install the Kindle app and see if you could do it that way. Have only ever bought one ebook from Amazon so am not very familiar with the Kindle experience.

As for apps, that all depends on your needs. Two ones which I like are FX File explorer and Moon+ Reader Pro. There are also a few others which I use for reading Japanese and Chinese. Apart from that, I haven't installed a lot of apps.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:54 AM   #8
Vadym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
What you think of it?
I'm second day user only. For me here are many things that I wanted to get. Bigger screen with almost the same weight for wider pdf books. Stylus for notes and sketches or even over pdf book. Android where I can add extra apps and possibilities. 4gb vs 32gb. Warm led and zero bezel margins for books.
I've received complimentary standard cover case which I don't like and will try to find good replacement.

@Question Mark, thank you! Wish you to get it as quickly as possible

I want extra pens. Like marker for transparent mark and pen for calligraphy with 45 degree angle and layers for sketches It is simple to add. I wish I get it sometime.

Last edited by Vadym; 03-07-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #9
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
I'm second day user only. For me here are many things that I wanted to get. Bigger screen with almost the same weight for wider pdf books. Stylus for notes and sketches or even over pdf book. Android where I can add extra apps and possibilities. 4gb vs 32gb. Warm led and zero bezel margins for books.
I've received complimentary standard cover case which I don't like and will try to find good replacement.

@Question Mark, thank you! Wish you to get it as quickly as possible

I want extra pens. Like marker for transparent mark and pen for calligraphy with 45 degree angle and layers for sketches It is simple to add. I wish I get it sometime.
So, when directly browsing the web, what's your experience with your chosen browser in terms of:
* Page rendering accuracy: does it render pages as they SHOULD render
* Speed of download and rendering
* How does it handle streaming media like Pandora, or YT
Old 03-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #10
Vadym

@maximus83

did not try to browse too much, but I think it is smooth enough with A2, here is the link with book without stylus
https://youtu.be/39J4JoRmUtY

Last edited by Vadym; 03-07-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:42 PM   #11
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Does nova pro have a flush screen?
Old 03-08-2019, 02:20 AM   #12
helen19770707
Connoisseur
helen19770707 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx C67 kindle Onyx Note
Quote:
Does nova pro have a flush screen?
Yes, Nova Pro has a flush screen. For more detail, you could find here.
Nova pro

Last edited by helen19770707; 04-07-2020 at 05:54 AM.
helen19770707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:15 AM   #13
Futuregrace
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen19770707 View Post
Yes, Nova Pro has a flush screen. For more detail, you could find here. http://www.abc6.com/story/40052116/v...-boox-nova-pro
That link doesn’t actually go to a story on nova pro
Old 03-08-2019, 10:20 AM   #14
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
That link doesn’t actually go to a story on nova pro
The link worked when I clicked on it and the story/ad/press release mentioned the screen was flush with the bezel.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:45 AM   #15
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
No longer on Amazon

The listing is there with
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, usb c