Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-04-2023, 11:51 AM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
Yep, that $90 price was too tempting to resist. 😊
Yeah, I'm fighting it. But I already have a Nook ST with Glowlight (I still love that thing), a 2015 Glowlight Plus, a Glowlight 3 (though the database there is screwed up, so I rarely touch it), a Kobo Clara HD and a Clara 2E and I was just given a Paperwhite 3. So I can't justify it.

Using the Paperwhite really makes me like the Nook. I know the Paperwhite has features like X-Ray and Goodreads integration. But I won't use those. For what I do use, the Nook is better for me.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 09:18 PM   #17
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Just needed to share my joy with someone! I took out my old Nook Glowlight (the white/grey one) that was my "travel-reader" of choice before the Kobo Libra 2 entered my life and became both "home and away"-reader.
I wanted to prepare an eReader for my daughter to replace her old Sony 350. At first I was planning to give her my old Kobo Aura HD that used to be my "home"-reader, but the battery turned out to be really bad (it's actually never been that great but now it's horrible!) so I reached for the Nook. And I fell back in love!
That is such a nice reader! Light and user friendly. The Home button will suit my daughter well and with book series put on shelves the libray is fairly organized (can't be compared with the automatic series info on the Kobos, but hey...) The light of course is nowhere near as good as on the Libra, but it's good enough (she tried my Libra and wasn't as impressed as I am. Odd...), and turning it on/off with the home button is really handy! The wide bezels are probably a matter of taste, love/hate, but they will suit her (as they did me) well.
Only thing that bothered me was my BN account that I haven't used for many years. I wanted to empty my BN library since the books are in Calibre anyway and realized how much stuff I had there and had to delete things one by one. (Maybe there was an easier way but I didn't bother searching for it.)

Edit: If I shoud have posted this somewhere else, feel free to move it Mods!

I bought one for 50 cent at a thrift shop yesterday. Works perfectly, well almost. Wont let me reset it to factory settings. I have question, why will it not reflow all normal pdfs?
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2023, 11:01 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgoforth View Post
I bought one for 50 cent at a thrift shop yesterday. Works perfectly, well almost. Wont let me reset it to factory settings. I have question, why will it not reflow all normal pdfs?
Perhaps you have some image based PDFs?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote