Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #1
Simple Truth
Simple Truth began at the beginning.

Device: android
Question How to edit Metadata from Android Tablet

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if it is possible to EDIT the main Calibre Library (on my desktop pc) from my tablet.

So let's say that I am in the basement and within my home network, how can I access the metadata (author, title,...) from my tablet and modify, for example, the title of a book?
Simple Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #2
kite
enturbulated
kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Install an Android version of a remote access program like TeamViewer?
This will (in theory at least) let you control your PC desktop from your Android device.
I have not tried this myself however googling TeamViewer LAN has descriptions of the method.
Would be interested to hear if it works for you.

Last edited by kite; 11-22-2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Clearer explanation
kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you have a Windows (pro and above) computer, it comes with 'Remote Desktop Connection' (server).
There are clients for just about all OS.
I do connections to a remote XP based weather station logger (Seeing a full XP desktop on a 7" TAB2 is just weird ) using Microsoft Remote Desktop (V8)

If you don't have the feature available (Home versions), You could try VNC (this also allows user to connect to a Linux Host)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
android 4.4, metadata, metadata editor