Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
Novelled
Banned
Novelled began at the beginning.

Device: A multitude...
Why was my thread deleted?

I made a previous thread on the MobileRead forums which appears to have been deleted. Could a mod or admin possibly tell me why?

I never received any response to my message re advertising on MobileRead, and the actual thread I created didn't seem to infringe any posting guidelines (which do state "If you have something to promote – e.g. a new book, a new reading device, or other item relevant to mobile reading, then you may announce it discreetly, and respond to questions, in a relevant section of the forum. "). Is there something I'm missing here...? Would be most grateful if someone could explain what was problematic about my original thread.
Novelled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Author and Publisher Guidelines are here. Basically, all self-promo has to go in the Self-Promo forum, even if you're just a blogger linking to one review you wrote, and you were pushing your website, if I recall correctly.

Incidentally, this thread really belongs in Feedback forum, not the Lounge, but I'm sure someone will move it to the appropriate place.

Hope this helps, and welcome to MobileRead!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Probably, but please post it as part of the Promote Your Blog/Website/Review thread rather than starting a standalone, as the emphasis in the Self-Promo forum is really more towards Authors and Publishers hopefully interacting with readers regarding actual books, rather than just as a glorified advertising section.

And even authors/publishers who try to start a new thread about a favourable review/sale price deal get theirs either deleted entirely or merged into existing threads, depending on which forum they tried putting it in and how spammy they were about it all (one poster recently got all 6 posts she did regarding 2 topics over 2 days dumped entirely, no merging whatsoever).
Old 12-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard

Technically, you're not supposed to advertise-advertise on the site.

It's privately owned, and the owner is gracious enough to allow authors and publishers to post about their e-books, but only discreetly and in the designated areas. Hardware/accessories people can also start a discreet thread in which to interact with customers who happen to be MR members, but they can't push their product while doing so.

Everything else gets dumped as spam, no matter how "relevant" the marketing people might think it is.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:18 AM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Any advertising goes through Alex Turcic (link to his page: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/member.php?u=3)

But if I recall your thread, you were advertising an entirely different forum of sorts that may directly compete with this one? If I'm in error, my apologies. But if that's what it was, MR may have a rule against posting links to competitive sites? I know some other forums do. In any case, Alex should be able to help you with any "advertising" questions.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert