Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-14-2017, 04:08 AM   #1141
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Thanks for News, but all that stuff is around hardware, hardware stuff is aged now, the main stuff is software, every one knows the lack software mainly of OB readers!
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:56 AM   #1142
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desk7 View Post
Great news!
First video of Onyx Boox Max 2 AND Onyx Boox Max 2 Pro
http://notebookitalia.it/onyx-boox-m...nteprima-25888
Accessories:
http://notebookitalia.it/accessori-o...rd-stand-25889
Call me "The Grinch" if you want, but I would see at what speed it's possible to turn the pages, if it's enough fast to pass from a book to an other, how to crop and zoom in the pages. Yes, the ability to make beautiful drawings is impressive, but if I want an e-reader it's to read.
And as written, the software is the main problem.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #1143
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
how to crop and zoom in the pages
Librera! For real time (but I should mention ezPDF as an incredible preprocessor).

Quote:
I would see at what speed
I understand that you would like a demonstration, but as a reassurance I think we can pretty safely assume "present performance multiplied by between 2 and 6".

Quote:
the software is the main problem.
Myself, I begged Onyx "Please make sure that Kingsoft/WPS work well!". I fully trust it will, and I believe it will.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:30 AM   #1144
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
The video play looks great, but I'd like to see scrolling a web page. Would it be so smooth?
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:34 AM   #1145
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
The video play looks great, but I'd like to see scrolling a web page. Would it be so smooth?
Quote:
Call me "The Grinch" if you want, but I would see at what speed it's possible to turn the pages, if it's enough fast to pass from a book to an other, how to crop and zoom in the pages. Yes, the ability to make beautiful drawings is impressive, but if I want an e-reader it's to read.
And as written, the software is the main problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
Thanks for News, but all that stuff is around hardware, hardware stuff is aged now, the main stuff is software, every one knows the lack software mainly of OB readers!
I want to underline that video wasn't made by me. I found it surfing in the web and I posted it. So I can't answer your questions. I hope that software will meet our high expectations!
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #1146
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyzjqk View Post
If this MaxPro can be used as a HDMI monitor, I would buy an Intel stick and throw away MacPro, Surface Pro, Surface Book.I think 4100mAh can run both screen and stick for a while!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
You mean a PC-in-a-box? ["mini-pc"] [...]
you must mean the Intel Atom x5-Z8300 1441 MHz (4 cores) based Intel Compute Stick 2016. Probably, in Geekbench 3 terms, 700 single core, 2000 multicore. Not even double the host used as monitor. Don't you think we could find something better? ; )
I have the thingie for you ; )
Firefly (with) RK3399. This baby sports a CPU that is the de-facto flagship of Rockchip, which boasts - again in Geekbench 3 parameters handy for comparison - a 1350 single core and 3250 multi core. In terms of the almost-past Onyx base boards, that's 5 times the performance using a single core and a dozen times when moving all the actors!
This single board computer does not look portable out of the box - but the "Yundoo Y8 (Rockchip RK3399) TV Box", for example, does... Now, all you need is a good portable battery to power it: I think the Samsung Chromebook Plus - also using the RK3399 - is stated to offer 9 hours of "average" use with its 39Wh battery, and it has a 2400×1600 LED display to feed through it...

Oh, by the way, I found this - apparently a database of the Mini PC on the market...

EDIT 2: but I see that also nicer "Intel sticks" like the Intel Core m3-6Y30 Compute Stick exist... In MacBooks, mean 2650 single and 5150 multi... Nice... I wonder how power efficient it is... This really replaces your desktop, and yes it could be attached to your HDMI receiver and open the portal to flooding light...

Last edited by mdp; 10-16-2017 at 03:27 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #1147
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
I hope the casing won't be that glare?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:31 PM   #1148
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Great news!
First video of Onyx Boox Max 2 AND Onyx Boox Max 2 Pro
http://notebookitalia.it/onyx-boox-m...nteprima-25888
Accessories:
http://notebookitalia.it/accessori-o...rd-stand-25889
Nice video but didn't he say in the video that "the only difference between an Max 2 and Max 2 Pro is the memory"?
Old 10-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #1149
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Nice video but didn't he say in the video that "the only difference between an Max 2 and Max 2 Pro is the memory"?
It should. I want to underline that they will have different names.

Last edited by desk7; 10-17-2017 at 05:37 PM.
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #1150
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
looking fine, give me price and a release date and here we go
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #1151
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I have built a new page in the wiki for BOOX MAX2 Pro with as much data I could find and some stuff carried over.
I am wondering. Will it have a SDcard slot?
Old 11-05-2017, 08:54 PM   #1152
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
I am wondering. Will it have a SDcard slot?
Currently, on the Onyx website it is showing that the Boox Max2 will have 32 GB of internal memory and a micro SD card slot capable of accepting a card of up to 32 GB.

Quote:
扩展存储:TF卡(支持32GB)

http://www.onyx-international.com/
Curiously, there is no mention of the Max2 Pro on their website, nor mention of a model with 64 GB of internal memory. So I guess we will just have to wait and see with fingers crossed. Fortunately, Android 6.0 and HDMI are still mentioned.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:55 PM   #1153
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Max2/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Currently, on the Onyx website it is showing that the Boox Max2 will have 32 GB of internal memory and a micro SD card slot capable of accepting a card of up to 32 GB.

Curiously, there is no mention of the Max2 Pro on their website, nor mention of a model with 64 GB of internal memory. So I guess we will just have to wait and see with fingers crossed. Fortunately, Android 6.0 and HDMI are still mentioned.
That is it. They combine everything and no need Pro version. But still is not available yet. Now, SONY needs to cross finger!
phyzjqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #1154
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

https://weibo.com/tv/v/Frp9F8Si6?fid...ab86fe6e0d2596

How about this?
Old 11-06-2017, 04:20 PM   #1155
phyzjqk
Connoisseur

Boox Max 2 will be on sale on 11/11/2017!