Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #106
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Hi davidfor,

I have an Aura H20, and was wondering what I might need to have in case I need to restore the image some day. Can I make an image via USB and a Windows PC myself, or do you have an image I could get so as to have it in reserve in case I begin to tinker with my eReader, and fail miserably.

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #107
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The Kobo firmware is not on a partition accessible via USB connection so the normal approach is to open the device, remove the SD card and take an image backup of it. I seem to remember that someone did post instructions on how to install a mod that would do the backup on the device itself to an SD card placed in the external slot on the device itself.

The other option is just to ask David to send you the link before hand.

It is worth noting that the restore WILL require you to open the device and remove the card.
Advert
Old 11-19-2015, 05:38 PM   #108
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Actually, I don't have an image for the H2O. Or maybe I do and just haven't uploaded it anywhere. I'll have to check when I get home.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:49 AM   #109
jeffdonnelly
jeffdonnelly began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue/Haoqing Meebook P78 Pro
Thanks, David, tried your routine:

"- Hold the power button in the off position for 20 seconds to ensure it is off.
- Hold the light button down and turn the device on."

That did the trick..it's BACK!

Unfortunately, though, all reading stats are gone...don't know it there's a way to reset that to correct number (hours/books read)?

In any case - thanks so much for the help!!

Jeff
Old 11-20-2015, 06:28 AM   #110
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdonnelly View Post
Thanks, David, tried your routine:

"- Hold the power button in the off position for 20 seconds to ensure it is off.
- Hold the light button down and turn the device on."

That did the trick..it's BACK!
Good to hear.
Quote:
Unfortunately, though, all reading stats are gone...don't know it there's a way to reset that to correct number (hours/books read)?
The reading stats are stored in the database on the device. You will get some back for books from Kobo after a sync or two. But for sideloaded books, unless you have a backup of the database, there isn't a way to recreate them. If you are a calibre user, you can use my Kobo Utilities plugin to backup the database and set the reading status of the books.
Advert
Old 01-06-2016, 04:27 AM   #111
dieg84
dieg84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello, first of all thank for your useful information.
My Aura HD seems to be briked and I can't factory reset it. Hello
Can anyone send me the card image?
Old 01-06-2016, 05:48 AM   #112
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:57 PM   #113
Hobbylife
Hobbylife began at the beginning.

My kobo Aura hd froze yesterday and attempting to restart a few times, a recovery message showed up, i pressed yes, and then it froze again(blank screen). Since then it wouldn't respond to basic or factory reset(nothing show up on the screen, only the led blinks on reset button press). I even tried after 4+ hrs charging. When I try to start it, the led blinks and the screen flickers, but then nothing comes up on the screen.

Long story short, I ended up opening up the reader, by mistake formatted the int sd upon the windows popup. Could someone please pass me a copy of the factory image? I'm hoping I can flash it on to the int sd with the flash drive image writer?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2016, 03:04 AM   #114
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #115
Hobbylife
Hobbylife began at the beginning.

Flashing the image to the int sd card brought life back to the reader. I flashed using the flash drive image writer. Thanks a lot David!!
Old 01-11-2016, 04:32 PM   #116
wilux
wilux began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA HD
Yesterday My Aura HD seems to be briked and I can't factory reset it.
Can anyone send me the card image?
thanks a lot
Old 01-11-2016, 05:27 PM   #117
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:35 AM   #118
Fabry61
Fabry61 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Hello thank for your useful information.
My Aura HD doesn't start after few time of not use. After full recharge, I tried reset and factory reset but neither works.
Can anyone send me the card image ?
Thanks very much.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:13 PM   #119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #120
bbninou
bbninou began at the beginning.

Hi guys,

My Kobo Aura HD is froze, I checked the internal SD is corrupt so I have a new micro SD. Any chance someone sends me a link with SD image, so that I can format the SD card and put the image back on it?

Thank you in advance
Closed Thread