Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
‘Life…With No Breaks’. 83% of people buy it…so why not join them?

Time for a bump!

It's been a pretty good week for the book, with a total of six 5-star reviews now, and a visit into the top 500 Paid in Kindle Store rankings for the first time.

So, it's a big thanks to everyone who's bought Life...With No Breaks so far!

I hope that those of you who click through to the book's page on Amazon after reading this will find something they like too and give it a go

Here's a few excerpts from the most recent 5-star reviews:

"What a great read! It is well-written, witty, thought-provoking, and brilliantly funny. These stories really resonated with me (yikes! that's scary...) and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something fun to read. Plus the price is obscenely low."

"I truly enjoyed your book, but more than that your stories. I really did laugh out loud at some, and chuckled at others. You've had some unusual things happen to you and the descriptions of the events are just hilarious."

"Read this book if you want a laugh. Spalding delivers. It's definitely worth the awesome price of 1.49. I'll definitely be on the look out for any other works by this author."

Life...With No Breaks Amazon
Life...With No Breaks Smashwords

Last edited by NickSpalding; 05-27-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:16 AM   #2
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:49 AM   #3
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well...the wording on Amazon is: 83% buy the item featured on this page.

So I'm going to go with that...

After all...it doesn't sound like much of a promotional pitch if I'm going on about people buying something at random.

...Unless I'm promoting a credit card, I suppose.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:48 AM   #4
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:10 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I'm no mathematician, but I went to that page and bought the book, so that's 100% of me. Bet eveyone else who bought the book find that 100% of them did, too. I was also 100 percent tickled pink by it, which is what counts. 100% of me also bough Dan Brown's *Lost Symbol* the day it came out and was 100% pissed off by it a day later. And it was hundreds of percent more expensive than Nick's which made my pissed offness 400% worse than it would have been had I been pissed off by *Life Without a Break*, which, of course, I wasn't. I'm currently 90% not pissed off with another MR member's book which I 100% bought at Smashwords the other day. Neil
Old 05-20-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count

Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:14 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
I'm no mathematician, but I went to that page and bought the book, so that's 100% of me. Bet eveyone else who bought the book find that 100% of them did, too. I was also 100 percent tickled pink by it, which is what counts. 100% of me also bough Dan Brown's *Lost Symbol* the day it came out and was 100% pissed off by it a day later. And it was hundreds of percent more expensive than Nick's which made my pissed offness 400% worse than it would have been had I been pissed off by *Life Without a Break*, which, of course, I wasn't. I'm currently 90% not pissed off with another MR member's book which I 100% bought at Smashwords the other day. Neil
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
No... technically you were infinitely more pissed off at buying the Dan Brown book compared to buying Nick's book.

Again, I fear for people who do not understand statistics.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:40 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Statistics are contrived for misunderstanding, Dadio. I love 'em, largely because they're so flexible that misunderstanding them is 87.5% of the fun. I fear for people who do understand statistics. Because I suspect that, like quantum theory, anyone who understands statistics doesn't understand statistics. Neil
Old 05-21-2010, 03:52 AM   #9
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
A $1.49 Kindle ebook with DRM? Are you planning to be a major publishing house one day and want to get started on the right foot?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:07 AM   #10
NickSpalding
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
A $1.49 Kindle ebook with DRM? Are you planning to be a major publishing house one day and want to get started on the right foot?
Didn't have much choice on this one (from what I can tell). The option to not have DRM isn't selectable for some reason on the Kindle upload dashboard.

Though if you know how to do it, then please let me know...DRM being the work of the devil 'n all.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:14 AM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Statistics are contrived for misunderstanding, Dadio. I love 'em, largely because they're so flexible that misunderstanding them is 87.5% of the fun. I fear for people who do understand statistics. Because I suspect that, like quantum theory, anyone who understands statistics doesn't understand statistics. Neil
Lies!

Damned lies!

And statistics!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr

It's a sad fact, Wallcraft, that some retailers impose DRM. Sorry I don't know what percentage. Neil
Old 05-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Well, 75% of statistics are made up, so let's go with 75% of companies impose DRM.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #14
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV64 View Post
Well, 75% of statistics are made up, so let's go with 75% of companies impose DRM.
I'm pretty certain it was 63.7% of all statistics are made up.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

That was 90% fun. Add DON Brown's "writing" to the list and I'll give you an additional 10%.

Don
Closed Thread