Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-17-2009, 05:57 AM   #1
hairybiker
Banned
hairybiker began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Home page crashed

I got an update available message this morning, and tried to do an update, bit the homepage seems to have crashed and as the update also deletes my installation I am currently without calibre

Now going to change my update script to make a backup copy of the last bin file.
hairybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
iain_benson
Connoisseur
iain_benson began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
You can re-acquire 0.6.17 from https://dev.mobileread.com/dist/kovid/calibre
The latest version - 0.6.18 - doesn't appear to be there yet.
iain_benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2009, 06:07 AM   #3
hairybiker
Banned
hairybiker began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
THANKS!! At least I can recover and continue.
hairybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:08 AM   #4
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
I downloaded the update about 45 minutes ago and it was ok.

The homepage seems reachable to me now as well. Maybe try using a different browser. I have had rare occasions where I can't access a site with one browser but can on another one.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:24 AM   #5
TMF
Enthusiast
TMF began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I'm getting this error message when trying to access any Calibre webpage:

==== How to Reproduce ====

While doing a GET operation on `/download_windows`, Trac issued an internal error.

''(please provide additional details here)''

==== System Information ====

|| '''Trac''' || `0.11.5` ||
|| '''Python''' || `2.6.2 (r262:71600, Aug 10 2009, 15:49:35) ` [[br]] `[GCC 4.2.3 (Gentoo 4.2.3 p1.0)]` ||
|| '''setuptools''' || `0.6c9` ||
|| '''SQLite''' || `3.6.17` ||
|| '''pysqlite''' || `2.5.5` ||
|| '''Genshi''' || `0.5.1` ||
|| '''mod_wsgi''' || `2.5` ||
|| '''Pygments''' || `1.0` ||
|| '''RPC''' || `1.0.6` ||

==== Python Traceback ====
{{{
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 444, in _dispatch_request
dispatcher.dispatch(req)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 228, in dispatch
req.session.save()
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/trac/web/session.py", line 133, in save
(mintime,))
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/trac/db/util.py", line 59, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql_escape_percent(sql), args)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/trac/db/sqlite_backend.py", line 58, in execute
args or [])
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/trac/db/sqlite_backend.py", line 50, in _rollback_on_error
return function(self, *args, **kwargs)
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

}}}
TMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2009, 07:31 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
It is saying the database is down....

Webserver issue...

we'll just have to standby til it's fixed.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I just tried it right now, seems to be working
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #8
iain_benson
Connoisseur

Nope ... crashing with DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

==== How to Reproduce ====

While doing a GET operation on `/`, Trac issued an internal error.

''(please provide additional details here)''

==== System Information ====

|| '''Trac''' || `0.11.5` ||
|| '''Python''' || `2.6.2 (r262:71600, Aug 10 2009, 15:49:35) ` [[br]] `[GCC 4.2.3 (Gentoo 4.2.3 p1.0)]` ||
|| '''setuptools''' || `0.6c9` ||
|| '''SQLite''' || `3.6.17` ||
|| '''pysqlite''' || `2.5.5` ||
|| '''Genshi''' || `0.5.1` ||
|| '''Pygments''' || `1.0` ||
|| '''RPC''' || `1.0.6` ||

==== Python Traceback ====
{{{
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 444, in _dispatch_request
dispatcher.dispatch(req)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 228, in dispatch
req.session.save()
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/trac/web/session.py", line 133, in save
(mintime,))
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/trac/db/util.py", line 59, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql_escape_percent(sql), args)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/trac/db/sqlite_backend.py", line 58, in execute
args or [])
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/trac/db/sqlite_backend.py", line 50, in _rollback_on_error
return function(self, *args, **kwargs)

}}}
Old 10-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
OK I've restarted the server and re-generated the database.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
iain_benson
Connoisseur

It's working here now. Thanks a lot!
Old 10-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
No problems accessing/downloading 6.18 here.
(SF Bay Area, 9:45 am)
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Yep. Is working for me now. I'm downloading the latest release...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote