Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Enhancement Request?

I think this is an enhancement request, and if appropriate I will open a ticket on it, but I thought I would check here first.

Regarding Series Numbers:

I am aware of the new (0.6) ability of series numbers like x.xx, and that will help with some of my issues. I also have a problem when publishers produce omnibus editions. In some series I might have

Books 1-3 in a single omnibus book
books 4,5 in individual books

and so on. It can get especially complicated with Baen where I get monthly book bundles. I may end up with 1,4,5 as individual books and 2-3 combined in a single omnibus edition.

So I would like to specify a series as a range such as 2-5. This indicates that this single book contains books two through five.

I can use the decimal notation to mimic this: 2.5 to mean books two through five and 2.05 to mean a filler book (short stories) after book two. However, I would like a cleaner approach with a designation for a series range separate from the series sub-books.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
There's already an enhancement request somewhere about specifying ranges. Adding decimals was a good first step, though.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2009, 12:13 AM   #3
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
There's already an enhancement request somewhere about specifying ranges. Adding decimals was a good first step, though.
Thanks for the update, and I agree. In fact, I would say that the idea of supporting series in any fashion was a good idea and an improvement over other software, and the decimal approach was a good improvement.

This is not a complaint, but simply a vote for a potential improvement.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote