Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #1
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Department of Defense: First Aid.v1.7 June 2011

This is the First Aid manual published for members of all United States Armed Service. Its focus is on battlefield injuries and conditions, but its medical advice is applicable to many other situations.

I downloaded this because I wanted a book suitable for inclusion in our emergency kit. I live in an area where emergencies are uncommon and a hospital nearby. But a massive earthquake of 9 on the Richter scale is overdue. This is likely to produce not only earthquake damage on a massive scale, but a tsunami as well. Because of our location, medical aid could be unavailable for an extended period of time in the event of such as catastrophe.

That is why this book is valuable. Many other first aid books I looked at assumed that a doctor and hospital was nearby. This book does not. It is profusely illustrated. The format has been altered to be readable in just about any kind of e-reader accepting epubs.

I have omitted the section on Chemical and Nuclear first aid since it makes reference to items not generally available to the civilian population.

As an official government document in the US, it has no copyright and unlimited distribution is authorized.

8 July 2011: Removed previous since it did not have title in metadata and corrected author in metadata.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub first aid.epub (2.19 MB, 749 views)

Last edited by mrmikel; 07-08-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Insert Title in Metadata, correct author
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
AZdave
Enthusiast
AZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheese

Device: Samsung Stratosphere (coolreader), BeBook Neo,EBookman
This is helpful. Sometimes I hike in remote places and carrying this along in a cell phone will not be to heavy.

Thanks.
AZdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert