Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
Rhiathame
Rhiathame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unistalling Screen Saver hack help

I had the screen saver hack installed and went through all the documented steps to unintall it so that I could update to 2.5.

Well...I got all the ugly default screen savers back but when I look under settings it still lists me at Kindle 2.3(399380047)+SSi 0.1. I have a Kindle 2 US and I eve tried setting the Kindle back to the factory defaults but I cannot seem to get the Screen saver hack to go away.

Does anyone have and ideas? I really want to take advantage of the collections and the other features in 2.5.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Alli
Rhiathame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
If you have the ugly screensavers back, then the hack has been uninstalled, so that hack isnt your problem. Did you download the correct Amazon bin file for the 2.5.2 update for your kindle? (US, I or DX DXI?) Did have have a font hack installed you have forgotten about? Did you download the Amazon 2.5.2 to the root of your kindle (ie not in a folder) AFTER you had updated the software to remove your hack? And then select 'update software' again?

Like I said, if you have the dead authors back then this hack is not your problem.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiathame View Post
I had the screen saver hack installed and went through all the documented steps to unintall it so that I could update to 2.5.

Well...I got all the ugly default screen savers back but when I look under settings it still lists me at Kindle 2.3(399380047)+SSi 0.1. I have a Kindle 2 US and I eve tried setting the Kindle back to the factory defaults but I cannot seem to get the Screen saver hack to go away.

Does anyone have and ideas? I really want to take advantage of the collections and the other features in 2.5.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Alli
Look at the thread in MobileReads that you got the bin file from. It's been redone so that the uninstall bin files work correctly. You will find them i the same message from clarknova.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
Look at the thread in MobileReads that you got the bin file from. It's been redone so that the uninstall bin files work correctly. You will find them i the same message from clarknova.
Actually, I think she's having problems removing the tag from the 2.3 version of the hack so that she can update to 2.5.

I would just go to the visual kindle guide, and download the latest version of the 2.3 hack and use its uninstaller. That should clear out things. If it doesn't, then re-install the hack from the same download, and then uninstall again.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Rhiathame
Rhiathame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks clarknova. I had tried that before but it did not work, but this time around it did. I appreciate your help!
Rhiathame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
valen
insert witty title here
valen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
I have the same problem with Kindle 2.1 + SSDX 0.1. I can't seem to find an uninstaller anywhere.
valen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #7
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by valen View Post
I have the same problem with Kindle 2.1 + SSDX 0.1. I can't seem to find an uninstaller anywhere.
Follow the links for that version of the hack. Uninstaller included.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...een_Saver_Hack
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
valen
insert witty title here
valen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarknova View Post

Cool, I'll give that a try when I get home from work today.
valen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #9
loveangel
Banned
loveangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:

thanks for the link
loveangel is offline   Reply With Quote