Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #61
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billjr13 View Post
Jailbait Zombie by Mario Acevedo. It is the fourth book in his Felix Gomez series but is pretty entertaining. I have all 4 books and would gladly recomend them. They all have suggestive titles but not as dirty as they sound.
This sounds wonderful - like a "bad" movie from the mid-60s.

"Jailbait Zombie" - a great, suggestive title.

If zombies could procreate, then the human race is doomed. Hmmmm....that sounds like another good plot....disgusting to contemplate, but pretty good.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #62
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
If you want zombies for Christmas, there's The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore. It's not about zombies but does have a climactic zombies-in-search-of-brains attack and it's hilarious.

edit: And I failed to mention the return of Roberto the fruit bat and my favorite Moore character, Molly Michon, Warrior Babe of the Outland.

Last edited by BenG; 11-20-2009 at 01:54 PM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #63
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It's a truly undead holiday season this year. There's also a Star Wars zombie novel out there, Death Troopers by Joe Schreiber. Here's the blurb:

When the Imperial prison barge Purge–temporary home to five hundred of the galaxy’s most ruthless killers, rebels, scoundrels, and thieves–breaks down in a distant, uninhabited part of space, its only hope appears to lie with a Star Destroyer found drifting, derelict, and seemingly abandoned. But when a boarding party from the Purge is sent to scavenge for parts, only half of them come back–bringing with them a horrific disease so lethal that within hours nearly all aboard the Purge die in ways too hideous to imagine.

And death is only the beginning.

The Purge’s half-dozen survivors–two teenage brothers, a sadistic captain of the guards, a couple of rogue smugglers, and the chief medical officer, the lone woman on board–will do whatever it takes to stay alive. But nothing can prepare them for what lies waiting aboard the Star Destroyer amid its vast creaking emptiness that isn’t really empty at all. For the dead are rising: soulless, unstoppable, and unspeakably hungry.

curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #64
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
One zombie-related comic book series that is going on right now in DC Comics is called "The Blackest Night." Basically, black rings are flying throughout the universe, attaching themselves to corpses, and reanimating them. The reanimated corpses are called Black Lanterns (this story is related to Green Lantern).

Each Black Lantern has all of the knowledge, abilities, and superpowers of that deceased person. The ones who are being reanimated are the ones closest the heroes and they are targeting those heroes. Rather than brains, the Black Lanterns are seeking out and feeding on those with strong emotions. They are also targeting those heroes who have come back from the dead (like Superman, The Flash [Barry Allen], Superboy [Conner Kent], and Kid Flash [Bart Allen]).
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:50 AM   #65
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
I can recommend Rhiannon Frater " As The World Dies" trilogy. Best Zombie books I have read so far.
I agree, 3 very good books finalising with the latest release 'Siege' There is also a bridgegap novel that follows the perspective of one of the minor characters in closer detail called 'Eric's Story' which I think takes you right up to the fortified building site. When I've finished the trilogy I'll be reading that I think.

There is also 3 collections of Zombie Novels, by James Lowder called, All Flesh Must Be Eaten 01 - The Book of All Flesh, All Flesh Must Be Eaten 02 - The Book of More Flesh and All Flesh Must Be Eaten 03 - The Book of Final Flesh. I have heard good things about 'The Night Boat' by Robert R McCammon.

Nearly Zombie Decembuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh.....brainssssss.
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:58 AM   #66
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Death Troopers is not available in ebook! AAARRRRGGGGHHH!
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #67
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburnt View Post
I agree, 3 very good books finalising with the latest release 'Siege' There is also a bridgegap novel that follows the perspective of one of the minor characters in closer detail called 'Eric's Story' which I think takes you right up to the fortified building site. When I've finished the trilogy I'll be reading that I think.

There is also 3 collections of Zombie Novels, by James Lowder called, All Flesh Must Be Eaten 01 - The Book of All Flesh, All Flesh Must Be Eaten 02 - The Book of More Flesh and All Flesh Must Be Eaten 03 - The Book of Final Flesh. I have heard good things about 'The Night Boat' by Robert R McCammon.

Nearly Zombie Decembuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh.....brainssssss.

"Brainsssssssssss," she said, and then in a moment of tenderness she thought about Alan and their now dead relationship, and the corpse that stumbled back and forth below her window with the wilted roses hanging limply in his half-rotten fingers.

Perhaps I should try this Rhiannon Frater person. [The words above were not written by her!]

I leave you with this important question as I make sure I still have my brainsssssssssss:

Do female zombie stories with female zombie characters written by female zombie writers make better zombies, and are zombie relationships explored to the nth degree?

Don

Can't resist: Do male zombies watch football?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-28-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #68
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
"Brainsssssssssss," she said, and then in a moment of tenderness she thought about Alan and their now dead relationship, and the corpse that stumbled back and forth below her window with the wilted roses hanging limply in his half-rotten fingers.

Perhaps I should try this Rhiannon Frater person. [The words above were not written by her!]

Don

Definately try Rhiannon Frater.
As to your last point, you might like to try Joshua Calkins-Treworgy's Bob The Zombie books. He writes from a Zombie's point of view. Zombies with Brainsssssss
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #69
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Alright.. Thanks to you guys I'm now currently reading David Moody's Autumn instead of something classic and uplifting. You are to blame....

Also World War Z next.

Too many books. Too little time.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #70
Cellnpeppa
Cellnpeppa began at the beginning.

Device: none
I do not remember the name of the book exactly but there is zombie version of "pride and Prejudice" that is out hahahaha and it is not a joke!
Cellnpeppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #71
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Not exactly Zombies, but Richard Laymon's 'One Rainy Night' always felt very similar to a zombie tale to me.

From Fantasticfiction.co.uk
Quote:
A shroud of rain covers the town of Bixby, coating the inhabitants in an unending torrent - and turning them into hate-filled maniacs. Soaking-wet, a queue of cinema-goers smash their way inside to slice up the dry people within, while a loving wife crushes her husband's skull on the marble floor.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #72
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
If they do, how could you distinguish then from a "normal" male?
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #73
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Not exactly Zombies, but Richard Laymon's 'One Rainy Night' always felt very similar to a zombie tale to me.

From Fantasticfiction.co.uk
I've read that! Yes, it has that "feel" you mention.

Don
Old 11-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #74
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
If they do, how could you distinguish then from a "normal" male?
That is hilarious!

Love it!

Don
Old 11-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #75
paul1403
Exertion Avoider
paul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Eco-Reader, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellnpeppa View Post
I do not remember the name of the book exactly but there is zombie version of "pride and Prejudice" that is out hahahaha and it is not a joke!
Hi Cellnpeppa,
It's called, funnily enough, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. The were up all night trying to think of a title, and finally came up with that...

There's another one, Sense and Sensibilities and Sea Monsters, though not, I guess from the title, specifically about zombies.

Just finished World War Z. There's still rumours floating around of a possible movie version. Apparantly an early draft of the script was written by J Michael Straczynski (who wrote what I think is the finest science fiction series on TV, Babylon 5). It's listed in imdb.com as being "in development".

Paul.
Canberra, Australia
paul1403 is offline   Reply With Quote