Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Question Are Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth books available as ebooks?

Hi Everybody,

Today I was looking for Sword of Truth novels by Terry Goodkind in ebook format. I could only find them on dubious looking file sharing (pirating?) sites. There did not seem to be any legitimate sources of these ebooks. Amazon does not even have a Kindle version.

My husband has been reading this fantasy series, but Book III "Blood of the Fold" has been overdue at our library for a month. So, my husband thought I could get the ebook since I just got my Sony reader. This is when I discovered that the novels don't appear to be for sale as ebooks. I'm not sure if I want to download anything from a file sharing place of unknown reputation. Plus, as an author and ebook seller, I probably shouldn't do it, right?

So, why the heck aren't these Goodkind novels available as ebooks? It's a popular series. Why wouldn't the publisher want digital sales? I'm stumped.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have no idea why they are not available as legal eBooks. But they definately are not. I've been looking and cannot find them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Tracy,

I just finished your 4-book Rys Chronicles. You got me started with the free first volume you offered on MR and I purchased the bundle for the rest. Very good series. Are you planning any more titles in the series?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:50 AM   #4
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Hi Richard,

I'm so very glad that you enjoyed my series. To answer your question about more books, the answer is YES! My next series is a prequel. It's 2,200 years prior to the story that is in The Rys Chronicles. So, it will be sometimes similar in setting and magic system, but I'm working to make it fresh and grand and a brand new read. I'm 12 chapters into the second novel of what will be a trilogy or quartet. Once everything is written (which will be one or two more years) then I will publish with the same approach. Book I will be free and if people like it then the rest of the series will be a reasonable price. This approach seems to work pretty well.

Personally I can't wait until I get this all written. It's the only way I find out what happens! Also I adore the satisfaction of finishing an epic and I know I have other readers waiting to hear from me about new stuff. I wish I could make it happen for everybody quickly, but the best I can do is pick away at writing and editing in between raising two small kids.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:48 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
One e-book here...pdf and in german...the remainder of the series in audioformat...
http://ebooks.whsmith.co.uk/F05FA0BF...rchID=10557733

I asked these same questions...https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22855

So far, we appear to be likely unsuccessful...

Last edited by GeoffC; 07-27-2008 at 06:50 AM.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #6
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Other 'news' a TV series...
http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6355977.html
Old 07-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbe Publishing View Post
So, why the heck aren't these Goodkind novels available as ebooks? It's a popular series. Why wouldn't the publisher want digital sales? I'm stumped.
that is currently the million dollar question, and not just about goodkind's books. i think we would ALL like to know the answer.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #8
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
The series will be called "Legend of the Seeker". They've already cast Richard and Kahlan and there was a panel at Comic-Con.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:06 AM   #9
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Hmmm seems like a pretty violent series for a TV show. I recall a lot of torture with cattle prods on steroids and those skin tight red leather body suits so the blood doesn't show. I really liked the first few books but like a lot of people gave up on the never ending series.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
The series will be called "Legend of the Seeker". They've already cast Richard and Kahlan and there was a panel at Comic-Con.

Dreamer
AND, as is usual with the visual arts over the written; neither of the main two actors really equate with my own mental vision of them...
Old 08-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Guess what?

Wizard's First Rule is now available at http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...5]BooksOnBoard (in Mobipocket only at the moment) for only $6.88 While it's also available at Amazon for $7.18.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
GeoffC

Aye, I also found Wizards 1st Rule, and also Phantom, earlier today at same time I also discovered Tor published them ...
Old 08-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Aye, I also found Wizards 1st Rule, and also Phantom, earlier today at same time I also discovered Tor published them ...
That's one in the eye for the "Tor never publish any e-Books" mob .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Phantom is not available as an eBook. If you found it on BooksOnBoard, then you've found an audio edition.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #15
GeoffC

Sorry, my mistake...not sure whether it was b-o-b, though....

Tags
terry goodkind