Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
westevenssr
westevenssr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Introduction

Just joined the form and hope to learn more. I have been scanning paperwork and magazines for about 5 years now. Just purchased a Kindle, and love it. I am 68 years old and have been using computers since 1973 in almost every area. I hope I can assist in this form as well as learn. Thanks.
westevenssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Welcome to our forum

Glad to hear you're having a good experience with the Kindle, you can always find more information about it on its dedicated sub-forum.

It's inspiring to know someone with such an advanced age and that uses computers for such a long time. I know many people on their 30s and 40s that never even touched a computer, and people around your age or a bit younger afraid of technology

You have many classics here at the forum and information about other places where to get them. You have as well recent freebies and you can always find wonderful reads suggested by other members or the Authors themselves.

Happy Reading
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
My pop is around 60 and he is terrified of technology, after four years of prompting he finnaly got a cell phone. In the real world I am a network adminsitrator so being afriad of technology is really not an option. At home I'm on the cutting edge of early 21st century technology - I am amazed at what internet radio can do. I listen to radio stations from half way around the world and they come in clear as they were next door.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aluratek_internet_radio_1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	73494  
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, WE. Happy Kindling and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote