Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Paegan2246
Connoisseur
Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, iPod Touch, 3-160GB iPod classics
iPod touch to iPad - Stanza question

I have over 600 books on Stanza that I read via my iPod touch. Thinking ahead to buying an iPad within the next month, will I be able to transfer these books from the iPod to iPad?

Thanks
Paegan2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
You can't transfer them directly from iPod to iPad.
1) If you have them on your computer, you can drag and drop them in iTunes to your iPad.
2) If you only have copies on your iPod...and you have a Mac, you can use this useful free program: http://supercrazyawesome.com/ which will give you access to your iPod Touch backups, and you can transfer your books to your computer.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
Paegan2246
Connoisseur
Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the reply. I need to dig further. Unfortunately, my main home computer is a IBM PC running XP Professional so the Mac program is unusable. The last time I tried something like this I managed to erase my entire Stanza library on the iPod. I'm going to be more careful.

It was too much to hope that there would be an easy way to do this.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
On Windows 7 here (and darn proud of it), and kjk's suggestion number 1 works fine. Very easy to do... If you have any questions on how, just PM me when you actually have your iPad and I will be glad to help.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
itunes is a pc program as well. you won't have any problems with it and you're going to need it for the ipad anyway.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
Paegan2246
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
On Windows 7 here (and darn proud of it), and kjk's suggestion number 1 works fine. Very easy to do... If you have any questions on how, just PM me when you actually have your iPad and I will be glad to help.....

Thanks, I may take you up on your offer.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
If your iTouch is running iOS4, you may be able to do this by using the File Sharing section in iTunes to export all the Stanza files from the iTouch then import them into the iPad.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #8
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
I just redownloaded mine from my sources: fictionwise, calibre and certain other places that had interfaces.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote