Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
manifestor
Connoisseur
manifestor began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZreader, Aluratek Libre Pro
Will the battery indicator stop flashing when it's done charging?

My Libre has just arrived and curiously the battery indicator shows that it is full. I started charging it anyway and will I know when it's stopped charging? Or will it keep flashing until I unplug it? Pardon me for this newbie question.
manifestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestor View Post
My Libre has just arrived and curiously the battery indicator shows that it is full. I started charging it anyway and will I know when it's stopped charging? Or will it keep flashing until I unplug it? Pardon me for this newbie question.
With the wall charger, my Libre takes about 4 hours to charge. Once fully charged your large battery indicator bar will be solid black.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
manifestor
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRwhatUr View Post
With the wall charger, my Libre takes about 4 hours to charge. Once fully charged your large battery indicator bar will be solid black.
Thanks!

I wonder why my Libre was "pre-charged" when it arrived, the battery bar was all solid black like you said. Someone must have charged it for me and I'm suspecting my Libre was slightly used in this case. I paid for a brand new one and I wonder why it would be the case.

Anyway, it's too inconvenient for me to ship it back so I guess I'm sticking with it as long as it's a sound machine.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Batteries

All units are fully charged before they are put in the boxes.

When a unit is in high demand it is not uncommon to see it come to you fully charged as it has not sat in a warehouse waiting to be shipped.

I have yet to see a user that is so careful to put absolutely everything back into place, or the RMA department that takes such care as to put everything back into place, that you can not tell.

Just go to any of the major chain stores and look at items that are returned to the shelves by the CSR departments, you can tell what has been restocked after being opened by a customer.

Do not worry, I would be fairly certain you got a 100% new unit.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #5
manifestor
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8npwrfl View Post
All units are fully charged before they are put in the boxes.

When a unit is in high demand it is not uncommon to see it come to you fully charged as it has not sat in a warehouse waiting to be shipped.

I have yet to see a user that is so careful to put absolutely everything back into place, or the RMA department that takes such care as to put everything back into place, that you can not tell.

Just go to any of the major chain stores and look at items that are returned to the shelves by the CSR departments, you can tell what has been restocked after being opened by a customer.

Do not worry, I would be fairly certain you got a 100% new unit.
Thanks for your reassurance. Now I got a much bigger problem...

Guess I'm starting a new thread...sigh...
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 05:30 AM   #6
manifestor
Connoisseur

Quote:
BTW, it seems to me it WILL NOT stop charging if I keep it plugged. It's been more than 4 hours now and the large battery indicator is still flickering indicating it's still charging. Is it normal? I'm afraid I might over-charge the battery.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:07 AM   #7
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
The first time I charged it, the indicator didn't stop for 9 hours! But on subsequent occasions, the indicator stopped animating after about 5 hours.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestor View Post
BTW, it seems to me it WILL NOT stop charging if I keep it plugged. It's been more than 4 hours now and the large battery indicator is still flickering indicating it's still charging. Is it normal? I'm afraid I might over-charge the battery.
That has not been normal for me. I got mine for Christmas and charged it that day because it showed that it wasn't fully charged. It took about 4 1/2 hours till I got the fully charged indicator. I have since charged it about 3 more times when I got the low voltage indicator pop up. I plug it in around 5 o'clock when I get home and by 9-9:30 I have a fully charged battery indicator. What does your battery indicator show under Settings>System Settings>Battery?
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
manifestor
Connoisseur

Quote:
That has not been normal for me. I got mine for Christmas and charged it that day because it showed that it wasn't fully charged. It took about 4 1/2 hours till I got the fully charged indicator. I have since charged it about 3 more times when I got the low voltage indicator pop up. I plug it in around 5 o'clock when I get home and by 9-9:30 I have a fully charged battery indicator. What does your battery indicator show under Settings>System Settings>Battery?
I noticed that even when the indicator under settings menu showed full, the battery would keep on charging for quite a while (battery bar keeps flashing when the reader is in standby mode).

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
The first time I charged it, the indicator didn't stop for 9 hours! But on subsequent occasions, the indicator stopped animating after about 5 hours.
Wow, 9 hrs!

Mine finished charging when I got back home from dinner (the animation stopped). I plugged in the Libre at 1:00pm and it was still charging at 7:00pm. I went out for dinner and got back at around 8:30pm and noticed it had stopped already. So that's roughly 6 to 7 hours.

Last edited by manifestor; 02-07-2010 at 12:04 PM.