Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
programmer
programmer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pc
Kindle Registration Problem

OK so i downloaded kindle on my pc installed it and when it said type in account to register i did I'm running on windows 7 any way when i went to buy a book with my account it says you don't have anything registered so i cant buy a book i don't know whats wrong?

any help will be greatly appreciated
programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by programmer View Post
OK so i downloaded kindle on my pc installed it and when it said type in account to register i did I'm running on windows 7 any way when i went to buy a book with my account it says you don't have anything registered so i cant buy a book i don't know whats wrong?

any help will be greatly appreciated
Welcome to MobileRead.

Have you tried CS?

Sign into your account, (you said you had one......go to http://www.amazon.com/ and click on the "my account" link)

click the "contact us" button on the right, and choose the "call back" feature. You enter your phone number, and they call you back almost immediately. They can walk you thru any problems.

Let us know if this works.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 01:17 AM   #3
programmer

thank you i will try that
Old 01-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
programmer

well the it guy was dumb founded he said in all his 2 years working for kindle he has never encountered my problem before lucky me
Old 01-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by programmer View Post
well the it guy was dumb founded he said in all his 2 years working for kindle he has never encountered my problem before lucky me
And was he able to fix it? Details man, details!!

If he didn't, you need to do it again and get a different rep.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 02:22 AM   #6
programmer

i figured it out myself the problem was the book i was trying to buy was for some reason even though there was a kindle version not able to be purchased for kindle now isnt that just confuseing