Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #76
Skaven
Skaven began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i, Nuut 2 EU Ver,
i haw problem when i try to order after 1 hour i get this email

Dear Mikael Andersson ,

We are having difficulty processing your order because your credit card issuer will not approve this charge. Please contact us within the next 7 days to resolve this issue and prevent your order from being canceled.

You may update your payment method by using our automated phone service. Please have your new credit card number available and call 1-800-The-Book (1-800-843-2665). Customers outside of the United States may contact us at 201-559-3882.

If you have a Barnes & Noble account, you can update your wallet information for future orders. Simply sign in, click on Payment Options: Credit Card Information, and click on the credit card for which you want to make changes.

For your convenience, we have provided the details of your order below.

We thank you for your business and look forward to hearing from you soon.

-- Barnes & Noble

when i order do i must haw the moony on the card when i order or do i need to haw the moony when the ar going to send the pack to me? because the shipping date is something like 10/02/07

when i order i us VPN whit USA ip and i us borderlinx.com i rely wanto haw Nook :,-(-

i can bay ebooks but i cant order Nook

i´m using Swedes Visa card because i live in Sweden

// Sorry About My Spelling I´m Dyslectic //

Last edited by Skaven; 12-20-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Skaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #77
Skaven
Skaven began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i, Nuut 2 EU Ver,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
Yes, I use alwaysvpn when placing the order. I also ordered the green cover (Tupper Quote cover in Leaf: $29.99).

After placing the order, it showed status "Unable to process order. Please call 1-877-379-0036, or 212-414-6024, if outside U.S.".

I did call the latter number (via Skype call for cost saving) a few times; but the agent lines were always busy for several minutes. So I decided to email B&N asking them what should I do with the order; then they've just changed my order status to be "Not Yet Shipped" and showing expected shipment date for both items on Dec 11.

They also send a mail saying thank you for my order.

After they send the lovely device to Vpost US address, VPost will then send it to me in Bangkok, Thailand. The Vpost calculator gave shipment charge estimation around US$30.-; which is quite cheap. So door-to-door price will be around $320.-(including that lovely green cover). That's about the same price as Pocketbook 301+ which I almost decided to buy. Hope I need not to pay import tax (+VAT).

Once getting the device, I hope:

1. someone can hack it to support Thai fonts
2. ability to add other dictionary (e.g. Eng-Thai)

bthoven: i haw alsow got the same mess call support, i haw now email BN asking them what the peoblem is?.. how meny days did i need to waite before the support maild u back?
Skaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #78
tablettweet
Connoisseur
tablettweet began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 1&2,IPod Touch 4G, DXG, Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoonpy View Post
Yes, since I bought Kindle DX, I found that it can really be used internationally. Personally, I would like to recommend to everybody.

Kindle DX (U.S. edition) is coming with 9.7″ display 16 shades of gray scale screen which Amazon calls it e-ink screen, PDF supported, auto rotating screen, 3G wireless for e-book buying from kindle store.

The interesting website that I think it is quite useful if someone wants to find out more is http://www.tablettweet.com/category/e-book-readers/
Kindle DX is not for international. It's for U.S.
tablettweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #79
tablettweet
Connoisseur
tablettweet began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 1&2,IPod Touch 4G, DXG, Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle Touch
By the way, Maybe you would like to check this Bookeen Cybook Opus. out.
5-inch e-ink display screen, with an accelerometer, 1GB built- in memory, expandable microSD slot, and a user-replaceable battery, a “Gorgeous” Bookeen Cybook Opus can read PDF and ePUB files — with or without DRM — and has an ability to organize folders.
tablettweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #80
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaven View Post
bthoven: i haw alsow got the same mess call support, i haw now email BN asking them what the peoblem is?.. how meny days did i need to waite before the support maild u back?
Hi Skaven,

I can't remember exactly how soon; but it was quite quick, not longer than 2-3 days.

Good luck.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #81
professzore
Connoisseur
professzore began at the beginning.

Device: Something 8" in a 6" body: RS800 or similar (txtr with +2 inches)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablettweet View Post
For a week... :-)
After 19 January, Kindle DX Global Wireless will shipped (almost) all around the world.
professzore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #82
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Will you still have to pay roaming fees or any surcharges on your ebooks/data when using Kindle DX Global internationally?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #83
professzore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Will you still have to pay roaming fees or any surcharges on your ebooks/data when using Kindle DX Global internationally?
Possibly you don't have to.
As far as I know at the moment, most users here in Hungary pays the same price for any e-book on Amazon Store as anyone else in the U.S. on Kindle2.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:07 AM   #84
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
What about data? Say you want to browse wikipedia on your Kindle in Hungary, how much would that cost you?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:43 AM   #85
professzore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
What about data? Say you want to browse wikipedia on your Kindle in Hungary, how much would that cost you?
Some updates based on www.kindle.com.

1. Every title available in the U.S. is available in Hungary too, but the price may vary (possibly due to roaming fees and/or VAT payed at the checkout). Haven't tested yet, but I'll ask some local Kindle 2 users.

2. Wikipedia is also free of charge.

3. Downloading personal content (converting via e-mail) or using web browser (if allowed) is charged almost 1 USD per MB. (Note that my mobile net subscription is almost 20 USD for 3 GB.)

THESE ARE ALL FOR KINDLE 2/DX.

Nook haven't any sign to be available worldwide yet. By the way, B&N seems to a lot more friendly to others (Irex or Plastic Logic for example), and for the Customers too.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #86
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
I'm not too sure if anyone has posted this point, if so sorry. But I was looking a Chapter's Kobo page and their books are compatible with the Nook. I'm afraid it does not help with WiFi but it does help for buying books, at least for Canadians.

http://www.kobobooks.com/devices
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:07 AM   #87
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablettweet View Post
It is now .
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #88
Franky
Nameless Being

I am considering buying a Nook, even if I live in Switserland. I seems to me that I canuse the reader anyway, because it supports Epub among others and it accepts also german and dutch books.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #89
michbby
michbby began at the beginning.

Device: none
if i live in panama, central america

i've been reading that it wont work with the 3G wireless outside of usa, but that it will work the Wi-Fi. Which means that if i have a credit card registered with the US address (B&N account has a credit card with a US address) i will be able to download them to my nook via Wi-fi or to my PC and then upload them to the nook with a USB cable?

so i will be able to use it, am i right?

thank you!
michbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #90
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by michbby View Post
i've been reading that it wont work with the 3G wireless outside of usa, but that it will work the Wi-Fi. Which means that if i have a credit card registered with the US address (B&N account has a credit card with a US address) i will be able to download them to my nook via Wi-fi or to my PC and then upload them to the nook with a USB cable?

so i will be able to use it, am i right?

thank you!
Even better. In Germany and lots of other countries we've been able to exchange the AT&T SIM card and use our own local ones. Then you've got 3G AND WiFi.
Even without that, you easily can purchase books on PC via VPN from B&N and then download on PC and/or nook.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b&n, barnes and noble, international, nook, overseas