Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #16
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I am reading a lot more. I used to knit on the train, or waiting in the Dr. office. Now, I read my kindle. I couldn't knit while I was standing, but I can read!

With paper books, book lights were almost more trouble than they were worth. I love reading in bed with my book light, and do so for a couple hours every night.

I read a lot more than I did before, and I am buying books. I used to wait until the library had a book available, but if I can get it for $9.99 (and most are less) I would rather start reading it when the mood strikes.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #17
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
I don't think the number of books I read has changed. I always had a book with my; my purse had be big enough to fit a paperback at least. I do think that it is much more convenient to read eBooks though. I started reading on my iPAQ in 2005 and haven't looked back. I do find that it is easier on my eyes to read on my Cybook, but that is just a bonus.

I love the convenience of a small device that can hold several hundred books so that I always have something to read as the mood strikes me. It use to be a bother when I was near the end of a paper book and had a doctors appointment, would I finish it before my name was called? should I bring a 2nd book or just start a new one? Now I don't have to worry, as long as I have my iPAQ or my Cybook I am covered.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 03:54 AM   #18
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Oh its not DRM that I have trouble with. Its the books that are not realeased in ebook format at all, I don't bother to go and pick them up in pback or hardcover. I just get another book that is already an ebook.

Amy
Oh, I read "ebook format" as "ereader format." Haha. My bad.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #19
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Same here, I always somehow forget to grab that paper book sitting on my desk, but I have my ipoh touch or kindle handy, loaded with ebooks and audiobooks. I just find traditional books a bit of a hassle now I suppose!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #20
Aphrael
Aphrael began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I've only had my Reader for a month but so far I haven't noticed any change. I'm still a compulsive paper-book buyer and reader. Gaurnim can tell you about the pile of books next to the bed (and that's the pile of read books, it's still growing).
I often spend my lunch break at the bookshop.
I just have less paper books in my handbag along with my device (2 today, usually just one).

I just switch more than before from one book to the next (I'm reading at least 3 or 4 at the same time) depending on my mood.
Aphrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #21
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by workoutwellforal View Post
No one ever spoke so.

Who the hell would pay some parasitic company charging for literature?

This is a scripted marketing fraud.
Huh?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #22
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It sometimes happens that we get a new member who posts an inocuous first message (not that that was inocuous) then goes on to spam a lot. Given the strange username, this may be a spammer-to-be. If so, we'll ban him.

Or it is a troll. Let's ignore him.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
It sometimes happens that we get a new member who posts an inocuous first message (not that that was inocuous) then goes on to spam a lot. Given the strange username, this may be a spammer-to-be. If so, we'll ban him.

See? You are so much nicer than I am.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #24
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post

I just wish trolls would be more elucidating in their posts...because I have no idea what he is talking about. And, of course, I want to know.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I just wish trolls would be more elucidating in their posts...because I have no idea what he is talking about. And, of course, I want to know.
Neither does he........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #26
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
And here's me thinking I was hallucinating that post
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #27
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by workoutwellforal View Post
This is a scripted marketing fraud.
Perhaps just a very honest spammer?

I haven't read much in ages that wasn't on the interwebs. I really need to get back into "proper" reading. I've decided to stop letting the big book that's next up intimidate me, by realising that it's actually the kind of book I can read simultaneously with another. Now all I have to do is somehow get off MobileRead for a couple of hours every day so that I can put the plan into action.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #28
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
boy. opened this page a while ago, and reported that post. it was quite weird to see.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 PM   #29
MichelleR
Just Me.
MichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, Nook Touch
Always been an eclectic reader, but I like making sure there is a variety of stuff to read. Like and iPod, it seems like choices are also statements of identity.
MichelleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #30
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I used to like to go into Sydney and visit 6 bookshops. Now I stay awake till 3 am or later every Tuesday morning waiting for the new ebooks to come up on Fictionwise. That doesn't make me sound pathetic does it? :-)

Laine
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote