Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
morgan freeman
morgan freeman began at the beginning.

Device: android
Kobo app page turning animation??

I just upgraded my cellphone from an android from 2 years ago to a LG973 android...I had kobo on my old one and read books on it and it had a nice page turning animation where you could actually turn a virtual page. I installed kobo on my new phone and now the pages don't have a turning animation, it just goes from one to the other. I can't find any settings that make the page animation behave as it did. What's going on? How come it has page turning animation on one phone and not the other? Isn't it the same app?? Very confused. Is there a different reader which has the page turning animation I'm looking for? It may seem like an insignificant thing but it's a feature I happen to like very much as the closer to an actual book it feels, the better. Now it just feels too much like I'm reading off a computer screen. Any help would be much appreciated.
morgan freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan freeman View Post
I just upgraded my cellphone from an android from 2 years ago to a LG973 android...I had kobo on my old one and read books on it and it had a nice page turning animation where you could actually turn a virtual page. I installed kobo on my new phone and now the pages don't have a turning animation, it just goes from one to the other. I can't find any settings that make the page animation behave as it did. What's going on? How come it has page turning animation on one phone and not the other? Isn't it the same app?? Very confused. Is there a different reader which has the page turning animation I'm looking for? It may seem like an insignificant thing but it's a feature I happen to like very much as the closer to an actual book it feels, the better. Now it just feels too much like I'm reading off a computer screen. Any help would be much appreciated.
I was wondering the same thing. I only started using kobo's android app recently, so I've never seen the page turn animation. I don't think it's the new phone, they probably got rid of it in an update for whatever reason.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I have the page turning animation on my new iPad mini Kobo app and my iPhone app
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
I could be wrong, but I wasn't aware that the Android app has ever had a page turn animation.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote