Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Official Netflix App Coming to Apple iPad

And available on launch day.

Am I happy?

More here
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
And available on launch day.

Am I happy?

More here
I'm not sure what this has to do with eBook reading... but ok... glad you're happy.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I'm not sure what this has to do with eBook reading... but ok... glad you're happy.

BOb

It's called subtitles BOb. Sheeesh.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

And BOb what does all the whining in the MobileRead forums about the lack of Flash on the iPad have to do with ebooks?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
And BOb what does all the whining in the MobileRead forums about the lack of Flash on the iPad have to do with ebooks?
Relax... I was just pointing it out. I didn't close the thread... did I?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #6
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Relax... I was just pointing it out. I didn't close the thread... did I?

BOb
Sorry BOb, didn't mean to sound not "relaxed". Thanks for not closing the thread.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
It's called subtitles BOb. Sheeesh.

I wish Netflix would get it together and get subtitles on their streaming media.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
In my experience, the "VOD" that Netflix has offered over the past year is mostly craptastic. I should go back and update my queue to see if there's anything else interesting there
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
In my experience, the "VOD" that Netflix has offered over the past year is mostly craptastic....
Once in a while they'll throw you a bone.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
In my experience, the "VOD" that Netflix has offered over the past year is mostly craptastic. I should go back and update my queue to see if there's anything else interesting there
I think it's great.

Tons of older movies, indie films, foreign films (non-US), TV shows, Documentaries etc.

If you just want to watch new releases, then yeah it's not great. But it's a freebie on top of the disc mail rental service so I have 0 complaints for it. I use it a lot on my 360, the HD content looks great on my HDTV.

Stoked that the iPad has an app for it already. Makes it much more tempting for me. My girlfriend is on the fence but leaning strongly toward picking one up soon, so hopefully I'll get to play with one soon!

Screen size and lack of built in stylus support are the main drawbacks for me as I really want a tablet that I can use to read and mark up (highlight, jot notes in the margin etc.) of research articles like I do on 8.5x11 print outs.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #11
Elvira
Enthusiast
Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
despite the few drawbacks already mentioned, I also think it will be really good
Elvira is offline   Reply With Quote