Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
venem
venem began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle PW screen gestures not working

I had an issure with my Paperwhite and had to factory reset the kindle. Afterwords, the screen gestures are still working incorrectly (which was the reason to factory reset), that is if i press right of the display or left, the page doesn't react. I have to pixelhunt for spots that will forward to next on previous pages. Clicking on top of the screen woun't give me the controls either. It wasn't like this when i bought it.

I tried downgrading or upgrading, factory resetting - nothing worked so far(i have the latest firmware) Maybe there is some kind of gesture laucher i need to install separately?

thanx a lot in advance!
venem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
indiaink
sic vita est
indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.

Device: KK, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by venem View Post
I had an issure with my Paperwhite and had to factory reset the kindle. Afterwords, the screen gestures are still working incorrectly (which was the reason to factory reset), that is if i press right of the display or left, the page doesn't react. I have to pixelhunt for spots that will forward to next on previous pages. Clicking on top of the screen woun't give me the controls either. It wasn't like this when i bought it.

I tried downgrading or upgrading, factory resetting - nothing worked so far(i have the latest firmware) Maybe there is some kind of gesture laucher i need to install separately?

thanx a lot in advance!
Can you exchange it for one that's working?
indiaink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds like a hardware fault to me. All PW's are under warranty still; contact Kindle CS and arrange a replacement.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
venem
venem began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanx for help, im sending it back
venem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle paperwhite, paperwhite, software, troubleshoot