Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-10-2008, 07:25 AM   #31
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Actually thinking about it. Outputing the detail in a INI file type arrangement would make life for Window programmers really easy as I think all the languages can leverage off of the built in INIFile type calls which make life really easy to pinpoint keys and read their values. I do that very basically for the Default directory handling.
I put this idea on the list of possible things to do. Just now I do not have any time to work on this but it is on the list so I will not forget it.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #32
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I had to update .NET 2 with SP1 also on my XP box. Now it works fine. In a couple of hours I will check it on a Vista system. That one has .NET 3 and .NET 2

The GUI looks good, it saves a lot of people a lot of typing

When I look in the output I can also see:

Quote:
EXTH item: 105 - Subject - 15 - Science Fiction
It would also be nice if that one can be changed. But off course Tom should implement it in his tools first.

Hmmmm...there are also some entries for the 'abstract' of the book as far as I know.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2008, 09:05 AM   #33
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
It would also be nice if that one can be changed. But off course Tom should implement it in his tools first.

Hmmmm...there are also some entries for the 'abstract' of the book as far as I know.
It probably can be changed already. You can do
Code:
   mobi2mobi --exthtype subject --exthdata "New Subject" --outfile new.mobi in.mobi
And the type is the key in the hash:
Code:
my %typename_to_type = ("drm_server_id" => 1,
                        "drm_commerce_id" => 2,
                        "drm_ebookbase_book_id" => 3,
                        "author" => 100,
                        "publisher" => 101,
                        "imprint" => 102,
                        "description" => 103,
                        "isbn" => 104,
                        "subject" => 105,
                        "publishingdate" => 106,
                        "review" => 107,
                        "contributor" => 108,
                        "rights" => 109,    
                        "subjectcode" => 110,
                        "type" => 111,
                        "source" => 112,
                        "asin" => 113,
                        "versionnumber" => 114,
                        "sample" => 115,
                        "startreading" => 116,
                        "coveroffset" => 201,
                        "thumboffset" => 202,
                        "hasfakecover" => 203,
                        "204"          => 204,
                        "205"          => 205,
                        "206"          => 206,
                        "207"          => 207,
                        "clippinglimit" => 401,  # varies in size 1 or 4 
                        "publisherlimit" => 402,
                        "403"          => 403,
                        "cdetype"      => 501,
                        "lastupdatetime" => 502,
                        "updatedtitle"   => 503,
                        );
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #34
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
I had to update .NET 2 with SP1 also on my XP box. Now it works fine. In a couple of hours I will check it on a Vista system.
Quoteing myself:

There will be a problem fot Vista Users. There simply is no SP1 for .Net 2 available for Vista. This is what I found on the MS site:

Quote:
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP Service Pack 2
Old 03-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #35
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
Ortep, when I squash the latest bug which is a real pain, I'll do a compile under C# 2008 and you can give that a go under Vista, only drawback is you may need to install .NET 3.5 Framework.
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #36
Ortep
Fanatic

I'm in no hurry. Take your time. I'm not complaining. Only giving you the information
Old 03-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #37
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Its all good.. I didn't mean to sound like I was being rushed.

Good news is I think I finally fixed the Mobi2Mobi.exe location bug so you can actually specify a location for it now and convert PRC & MOBIs wherever they live. It was a real mish mash of massaging some paths with quotes to get around Windows problem with paths with spaces in them and some internal commands which didn't have a problem with spaces, but bombed if you tried to use quotes.

I'm just tidying the way I populate the Book title details now based on wether its a PRC or MOBI file being opened and then v0.04 should be up.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #38
Jad
Groupie

Mobi2Mobi GUI for Windows v0.04

Ok everyone v0.04 is now available. On first use you will need to point the GUI at the directory which contains the Mobi2Mobi.exe.

The GUI will now process PRC & MOBI files. When opening a PRC file the Book Title will automatically pickup the Database name and check the Book Title tick box to update this on convert to MOBI. On opening a MOBI the GUI will just read the exisiting Longtitle entry.

Next on the list is Coverimage support.

Hopefully this version will now behave the way its supposed to. As always please feedback any bugs you encounter.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v004.zip (10.2 KB, 1309 views)
Old 03-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #39
Jad
Groupie

Mobi2Mobi GUI for Windows v0.05

Implementing the Coverimage support wasn't as time consuming as I thought.

Please grab this latest version and let me know if you encounter any problems.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v005.zip (11.1 KB, 1332 views)
Old 03-11-2008, 01:39 AM   #40
john the basset
john the basset began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaurer View Post
You beat me to it ;-)

Although I was thinking about using Python so that it runs on Linux as well.
Hi, newbie here... I really wish someone would write a script so that I can use this on my linux notebook.... If I knew how, I would. As it is, if it's not in mobi format, or simple rtf/html I can't read it on my cybook(all I have is linux based). In other words, I cannot convert my other book formats to prc. Sigh.
john
john the basset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:03 AM   #41
Ortep
Fanatic

I'm working in a complete Vista environment, no XP available at this time.

I just installed .Net 3.5. According to MS it also includes SP1 for .Net 2.0.

I tried the both new versions and they let me select the various directories. When I select a file I get the following error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	1097
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	11413
Old 03-11-2008, 06:57 AM   #42
Jad
Groupie

Hi Ortep,

The error occurs because the GUI is trying to process information that wasn't generated when the Open File button is pressed. The #1 cause is that the GUI can't see the Mobi2Mobi.exe. If you've set the directory and the Mobi2Mobi.exe is named exactly as here then its something new. Bummer. It will be interesting to see if you have the same problem under WinXP. I'll try and get around to building a Vista VM Appliance and do some testing.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #43
Jad
Groupie

Arrgghhh. Just found another weird bug. Can some else try this and confirm for me. If the Book Directory is located anywhere other than on C: drive somewhere, the GUI crashes.

Oh well something to look at tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:21 AM   #44
Ortep
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Arrgghhh. Just found another weird bug. Can some else try this and confirm for me. If the Book Directory is located anywhere other than on C: drive somewhere, the GUI crashes.

Oh well something to look at tomorrow.
I can confirm this...All the problems went away as soon as I moved my "mobi work" directory from D: to C:

The .Net 2.0 version is working and the .Net 3.5 version
Old 03-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #45
Jad
Groupie

Mobi2Mobi GUI for Windows v0.06

Looks like I fixed the Book Directory issue where it would only work for folders on C: drive.

Please download the latest version and give it a try. As always please report any problems you encounter, plus any additional features you might like to see.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v006.zip (11.2 KB, 1262 views)

Tags
mobi2mobi