Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Kobo: same title / different language

Hi,

(Not quite sure where to post this question... is it only linked to my device - Kobo - and to my plugin - Kobo touch extended 2.2.20 and Kobo Utilities 1.7.3)

When I select files which differ only by the language, only one of them is sent to the device.

Examples:
  • 1984, H. G. WELLS (en, fr)
  • 1984, H. G. WELLS (en, fr)
  • Siddharta, Herman HESSE (de, en, fr)
  • Dune, Franck HERBERT (en, fr)
  • Henry IV, Shakespeare (en, fr)
  • ... (feel free to add your examples)

How to send to device books with the same title and same author but in different language?
Maybe someone can share his technique...
I tend to insert the language code in the title, which is a bit strange (maybe adding the name of the translator in the author list could also be a "solution").

Feature request
Is there a way to have Calibre (through the plugin I guess) to deal with the languages the same way it deals with the series... adding at least the language code to the library browser list (maybe on the right hand side)?

Regards

François

Last edited by fxp33; 09-20-2014 at 03:05 PM. Reason: typo Henri to Henry
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:09 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You can get the first part of what you want using the save template in the driver configuration. By adding the language into the template and hence the file name, the books will be differentiated on the device. Something like:

Code:
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}{languages:language_codes()| - |}
should work. The will create a file like:

Code:
HERBERT, Franck\Dune - Franck HERBERT - eng.epub
For the library list display, there isn't a way to change the fields displayed. The series info is one that Kobo put there. But, you can use a metadata plugboard to set the title in the book. Something like:

Code:
{title}{languages:language_strings()| (|)}
will put the following in the title in the metadata and the library list will show:

Code:
Dune (English)
That's the closest I can think of. The exact template used in both places will affect exactly what the file name and title is.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Hi DavidFor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer and giving me the precious codes to achieve that.

Shame that Kobo didn't give us the opportunity to fill the right hand side of the library list.

Regards

François
Old 05-06-2015, 04:34 AM   #4
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You can get the first part of what you want using the save template in the driver configuration. By adding the language into the template and hence the file name, the books will be differentiated on the device. Something like:

Code:
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}{languages:language_codes()| - |}
should work. The will create a file like:

Code:
HERBERT, Franck\Dune - Franck HERBERT - eng.epub
For the library list display, there isn't a way to change the fields displayed. The series info is one that Kobo put there. But, you can use a metadata plugboard to set the title in the book. Something like:

Code:
{title}{languages:language_strings()| (|)}
will put the following in the title in the metadata and the library list will show:

Code:
Dune (English)
That's the closest I can think of. The exact template used in both places will affect exactly what the file name and title is.
Hi ! I got the same problem, but i don't want to add the language for all the books (90% are in french) but only for those who are not in french (those are in english, most of the time). Any idea ?
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:25 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
Hi ! I got the same problem, but i don't want to add the language for all the books (90% are in french) but only for those who are not in french (those are in english, most of the time). Any idea ?
This should work:

Code:
{title} {languages:'in_list($, ",", "fra", "", $)'| - |}
Advert
Old 05-06-2015, 08:58 AM   #6
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
This should work:

Code:
{title} {languages:'in_list($, ",", "fra", "", $)'| - |}
Ok. The two books are added in the kobo (where before only one was) but the language code doesn't show. Thus I can't know which is which without opening it.

In KoboTouch, I tried :
{author_sort}/{title} {languages:'in_list($, ",", "fra", "", $)'| - |} - {authors}
Old 05-06-2015, 09:50 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
Ok. The two books are added in the kobo (where before only one was) but the language code doesn't show. Thus I can't know which is which without opening it.

In KoboTouch, I tried :
{author_sort}/{title} {languages:'in_list($, ",", "fra", "", $)'| - |} - {authors}
You put that in the KoboTouch driver configuration? If so, that sets the file name on the device. You also need to have a metadata plugboard that sets the title of the book when it is sent to the device.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #8
cramoisi
Librarian

Quote:
You put that in the KoboTouch driver configuration? If so, that sets the file name on the device. You also need to have a metadata plugboard that sets the title of the book when it is sent to the device.
Ok ! But I already avec two metadata plugboard regarding the title :

{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title} for the title
{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title} for the title_sort

can I add a third line "{title} {languages:'in_list($, ",", "fra", "", $)'| - |}" for the title or mixing the line for something like

{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}{languages:'in_list($, ",", "fra", "", $)'| - |} ?
Old 05-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

You want the last one. You need to extend your current plugboard for the title to add the language. That code should give you something like:

Quote:
The Dresden Files - 01 - Storm Front - eng
If you want to check, calibre has a template tester. You add it to the toolbar, select a book and the tester. Then enter the template and the result will be shown for the book. That will let you see what you get and adjust it as you like.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:06 AM   #10
cramoisi
Librarian

It's working. Thanks a lot for pointing me out to the template tester !
Old 05-07-2015, 07:35 PM   #11
fxp33
Addict

Hi guys,

Thank you for resuscitating this thread

@Cramoisi : with all your experiments with functions, if and ifs, and the advice from DavidFor, I hope you will produce a nice summary as tutorial

Regards
(I will try to follow )

François