Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #31
Atley
Atley began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
That was my fear... It is so stupid... I mean, the cards could hold a lot more books in the simple formats that the device is compatible with than I am trying to put in it, why make a device that can support upto 16gb (between two cards) and yet make it incapable of processing the menus for the number of books those cards can hold.

What a huge design flaw... The whole selling point is that you can take your library with you... I have way more than 470 actual books yet this device craps out with only half of one of it's cards full.

I do not doubt the code, I was hoping to get a copy of the xml so that I could keep it and keep recopying it to the device in the hopes that the reader would some day just get it... I am going to copying it out of the device after the books copy over, before I detatch it from my machine. I will let you know if I have any issue getting the XML. Thanks for all your help.
Atley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #32
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have found it is only worth having a large card if you also intend to make use of its ability play mp3 files - these are much larger than ebook files.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:43 AM   #33
Atley
Atley began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Yea, but that sucks, I got the reader as a way to carry my study tools and my technical documentation with me. All together this consists of close to 11gb of data in PDFs which my laptop easily can carry and theoretically this device should also handle well.

I have a media player that holds music and video which is much smaller and lighter than this device. I just want it to do what it is supposed to do.
Atley is offline   Reply With Quote