Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-01-2019, 05:37 AM   #46
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Famous last words.

The change turned out to be a switch in the Android tablet I used to test, go figure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:05 PM   #47
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
But the Pixel C is the vector for the problem!
Maybe. I too owned a Pixel C. Or rather, I owned three of them. By the time the third one failed I was out of warranty.

I now use a Lenovo Tab 4 10. Reliable so far... But the oversize image problem in Aldiko happens here too.

And I'm glad it does. There's no point in distributing an EPUB that fails on an appreciable number of devices.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:11 PM   #48
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
And I'm glad it does. There's no point in distributing an EPUB that fails on an appreciable number of devices.
But if it's only the "crappy" Android ereaders?

Did it work on PocketBook? What about koreader? (Not available from the Play store but its topic has a link to the installer for android.)
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:04 PM   #49
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Maybe. I too owned a Pixel C. Or rather, I owned three of them. By the time the third one failed I was out of warranty.

I now use a Lenovo Tab 4 10. Reliable so far... But the oversize image problem in Aldiko happens here too.

I'm lucky, I suppose, as my Pixel C is still going strong. Other than this wild Aldiko behavior. Hubby had his Pixel C die and Google replaced it, even though it was out of warranty. So I guess we can't complain.

Definitely a lesson to me on using it for testing though. Only reason I discovered the problem was it needed charging, so I grabbed a different tablet to test with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 12:45 AM   #50
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal
celiapgt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I totally agree with you, lumpynose, regarding bad apps.
celiapgt is offline   Reply With Quote