Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
shazwagon
shazwagon is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony T-1
Sony PRS-950. Display SOS!

I was very happy with my PRS-950 until someone stepped on it

Now, a portion of the book I was reading is, like, permanently frozen on it. Even when I switched it off. It's like someone tore off a newspaper at random and pasted a piece at a corner!

Am I right in assuming that the screen/display is permanently damaged and will have to be changed? Or is there something which can be tried or done?

shazwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
shazwagon

What? No responses?
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Sounds like a broken screen.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
shazwagon

Yes, after talking to the customer help at Sony, it's confirmed.

The only way I can get it fixed is sending it to the US (I am in India).

It seems that the model PRS-950 has been discontinued? What Reader shall I go for now? I want to stay with Sony.

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazwagon View Post
What Reader shall I go for now?
S, The recently released Sony PRS T1.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert