Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-24-2015, 02:34 AM   #1
taratears
Connoisseur
taratears began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Title Sort doesn't auto match Title

When I change the title it doesn't automatically adjust the title sort even if I close and reopen the data for that book. Is it possible to change that? Thank you.
taratears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:21 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@taratears - AFAIK in Metadata edit you have to click the Blue right arrow.

Also AFAIK there's no way to click that button from keyboard, a menu key press on the button pops 'What this?' in a context menu, but it doesn't offer 'Update Title Sort'.

If you change the Title in the book list (F2 on the cell) the Title Sort will be auto updated.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2015, 03:37 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Alt-T to set the title
Tab to move focus to the button
Spacebar to activate the button
Enter to end the edit

No rodents involved
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:56 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Alt-T to set the title
Tab to move focus to the button
Spacebar to activate the button
Enter to end the edit

No rodents involved
- I forgot that -

But I'll always prefer editing in the book list - feels more natural.

I think I have a morbid fear of filling in forms - there's probably a word for that - formfillophobia?

Added: is there a key one can use for getting the drop down on the Author blue right arrow button - space or ctrl/space will update Author Sort but...

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-24-2015 at 04:07 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:43 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I think I have a morbid fear of filling in forms - there's probably a word for that - formfillophobia?

BR
Your fears are formless
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert