Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-12-2020, 05:53 AM   #766
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
"After 50 years, the view goes down and you prefer larger things."
A visit to the optician would be the first step for most of us.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 01:19 AM   #767
pantale
pantale began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Do you mean you were able to put notes into pdfs without problems? I thought likebooks weren't reliable for that task

Enviado desde mi Mi Max mediante Tapatalk
I never had problems annotating pdf.

Olivier
pantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2020, 05:41 AM   #768
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Alita got 8.1 update. Eventually we will get it too...
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:33 AM   #769
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
Alita got 8.1 update. Eventually we will get it too...
But so far those are devices they are still selling. I hope that is the reason why mimas didn't get it yet.
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:56 AM   #770
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnm View Post
But so far those are devices they are still selling. I hope that is the reason why mimas didn't get it yet.
Muses should be next. Then mimas, at last
Advert
Old 12-13-2020, 11:04 AM   #771
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
Muses should be next. Then mimas, at last
I predicted the same order! So far, there are no updates on their Twitter page about updates for both, but as I have both a Muses and Mimas, with the latter being my main e-reader, I'm ready to test once the update hits the Muses first. I'm sure that, like the other models, the bootloader and/or recovery would be updated too, which I believe is why they require a lower level reflash that doesn't preserve user data.
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:52 PM   #772
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
Do you know a way for the main ereader to be controlled by a bluetooth device? Like moon+ reader you can control with volume or with a gamepad. I have an small gamepad(8bitdo zero) and it would be nice to use to control my mimas in a stand.
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:03 PM   #773
mrpotts
Connoisseur
mrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Digital Paper, Amazon Paperwhite
Hello,
Is anyone interested in buying a gently used Likebook Mimas with a front & back cover (not shown in 2 pics)?
I got this for work and soon after switched jobs leaving this little used.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Phil

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
mrpotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:23 AM   #774
Maginus
Maginus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 (1st edition)
Problems with new update

Anyone else having problems with updating the mimas to Android 8.1? The reset button doesn't seem to work properly. I definitely can't get the flashing tool to recognise my device as "loader device". I could get it to recognise my device as an ADB device although now I have no idea how I did it. In any case that was not sufficient. I've tried following the instructions that Boyue gives but it simply won't go into that mode.

This is the update I'm referring to:
https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/...518418434?s=20
(Version 3.02)

To clarify: By reset button I mean the one next to the headphone jack you can put a pin in to press.

Edit: I have now tried to enable USB-debugging mode in the developer settings as well. This did make it switch permanently to "ADB device" but this is still not the "loader" device type. I'm assuming "loader" refers to the bootloader?

Edit 2:
Haha. Turns out me having flashed android custom ROMs before came in handy. When device is turned off, hold down "page-left"/volume down and power button at the same time until it shows up as just being turned off on the e-reader display and the flashing software shows "loader device". Then follow the instructions from there. Why can't they even give correct instructions!!!

Last edited by Maginus; 02-02-2021 at 07:11 AM.
Maginus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:04 AM   #775
Bratken
Connoisseur

Finally. Gonna brick my mimas later

UPD
Indeed, those pdf instructions are something else...

So, what you want to do:
0) Backup your stuff: books and notes. Because flashing new firmware will wipe all data
1) Turn off mimas
2) Hold vol.down then hold power button until reader boots up
3) When in recovery menu switch to 'Reboot to Bootloader' using volume keys and confirm it using power button
4) Install drivers from (item 1 of the manual)
5) Download firmware (link from item 4) and use AndroidTool aka RKDevTool (link from item 3)
6) Then go to item 6 in the manual and flash your mimas

Had to put Android Tool folder at drive C and rename directory so it looked like C:\AndroidTool_Release
Otherwise i kept getting error about missing config and everything was in chinese.

Reader got a little snappier. Finally, DJVU support. Already found bug in notes. When you change thickness of pen it will also changes for highligher and vice-versa.

Last edited by Bratken; 02-03-2021 at 06:42 AM.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:16 PM   #776
josebla
josebla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW2 & Likebook Mimas (T103D) 10.3 inch''
I arrived late, the link inside that tweet points to a non existing file. Anyone has any clue about this?
josebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:32 PM   #777
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by josebla View Post
I arrived late, the link inside that tweet points to a non existing file. Anyone has any clue about this?
Use this link off their Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...n__=%2As%2As-R
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:44 PM   #778
Bratken
Connoisseur

Yes, facebook link still works.
There:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wnw...ew?usp=sharing
I've put everything together along with AndroidTool:
1) Manual: Mimas-Android 8.1 Upgrade Instruction-20210128-V3.0.2.pdf
2) Drivers: DriverAssitant_v4.5 folder
3) Android 8.1: update-221.img

Last edited by Bratken; 02-08-2021 at 03:07 AM.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:09 AM   #779
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
I had a problem last time I tried to use a flashing tool, so I was hoping for continued, simple, OTA updates for the Mimas. Is it likely that there won't be any more of those types of Mimas updates for bug fixing and improvements now that Boyue has provided an update to Android 8.1 that has to be flashed? Am I misunderstanding this?
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 03:42 AM   #780
Bratken
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I had a problem last time I tried to use a flashing tool, so I was hoping for continued, simple, OTA updates for the Mimas. Is it likely that there won't be any more of those types of Mimas updates for bug fixing and improvements now that Boyue has provided an update to Android 8.1 that has to be flashed? Am I misunderstanding this?
Not android expert (maybe it has something to do with RK chip), but it's one-off update then we'll be receiving OTA updates as usual. Some other reader already got 3.0.3.

To be honest, didn't see much improvement. Maybe performance got better for a little. And glad to see DJVU support, finally.
You still can't navigate between book and notes through recent apps. Notes/book is shown but you just don't go anywhere because it's running under same process of BoyueOS

Last edited by Bratken; 02-09-2021 at 04:07 AM.