Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-01-2022, 05:58 PM   #1111
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Don't rely on MOBI support for anything better than "okay, it's a thing which has some words in it" ;à).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:11 PM   #1112
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I buy plenty of ebooks from the kindle bookstore but I haven't seen any sold as MOBI in a very long time. Anyway, calibre makes my amazon purchases into epubs that KOReader works well with. (With the help of some plug-ins.)

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2022, 02:48 PM   #1113
jaum20
jaum20 began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
Any way to peventing images to breaking across
pages when reading pdf files?
jaum20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 03:06 PM   #1114
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Images as such no, but you could switch to page mode in the bottom menu.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:07 AM   #1115
jnikkir
Connoisseur
jnikkir doesn't litterjnikkir doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW5/11th Gen
Love seeing page turn animations in the latest KOReader!! I'm just wondering -- is there a bug with full-page refresh intervals when animations are on? I'm finding that I can't get the refresh to trigger when animations are on; but when they're off, full refresh happens every [selected interval] as normal...
jnikkir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2022, 01:04 PM   #1116
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@jnikkir: That's an interesting remark. I don't *remember* the stock UI behaving any differently (i.e., it never flashed again either as long as anims were on), but I might be wrong .
Old 05-22-2022, 03:35 PM   #1117
Freshmaker
Bookworm
Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle PW5, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnikkir View Post
Love seeing page turn animations in the latest KOReader!! I'm just wondering -- is there a bug with full-page refresh intervals when animations are on? I'm finding that I can't get the refresh to trigger when animations are on; but when they're off, full refresh happens every [selected interval] as normal...
I can confirm this is happening on my end as well. When using page turn animations it will not do the full page refresh. However, i believe this is intentional and not a bug. When you use page turn animations it is doing a sort of refresh each time you turn the page. I am not seeing any ghosting at all so it isn't an issue.

The stock kindle reader does the exact same thing. When you enable page turn animations it will not do full page refreshes at all. So I'm pretty sure this is how it's supposed to work.
Freshmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 03:59 PM   #1118
jnikkir
Connoisseur

@NiLuJe: Ah wow, you're right. My bad, I thought there was still a refresh in the stock UI w/ animations on.

Maybe this is a feature request, then?

I find that when night mode isn't on, the animations clear the screen really nicely and you don't really need the full refresh -- so that's fine. But when night mode *and* animations are enabled, the ghosting really piles up in areas that should look fully black. In night mode, the stock UI actually disables animations and still does a full-page refresh every few pages. In KOReader, it would be great to have the option of doing a full refresh every X pages in night mode w/ animations on. But idk how hard that would be to allow. =S

If it's not feasible, is it possible to assign a gesture to turn animations on or off? I can't seem to find it in the gesture manager anywhere.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:38 PM   #1119
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I was going to add the exact same thing as @Freshmaker: it isn't actually needed, as the animation actually defeats ghosting in a much more efficient way than a full flash, and flashing can *NOT* be animated, so it would be *extremely* jarring .

That said, I don't use nightmode myself, and nightmode being what it is, I'm willing to believe that it doesn't quite work as well there (especially given that the anim waveworm is not designed for that, so it makes perfect sense that stock would disable anims in night mode).

Making the anim toggle Dispatcher aware sounds good, though (please put that in a GitHub issue, it'll have a much better chance of not being lost to the void ).
Old 05-22-2022, 11:25 PM   #1120
yparitcher
Connoisseur
yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 KT4 PW4 PW5
I have been using the animations for over a month and have not noticed any ghosting, even when i occasionally use night mode.

Added to dispatcher/ gestures in:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/9123
yparitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 02:35 PM   #1121
jnikkir
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by yparitcher View Post
I have been using the animations for over a month and have not noticed any ghosting, even when i occasionally use night mode.

Thanks for adding that to GitHub!! Will be great to have it available in a gesture. And I attached a pic of the ghosting in night mode, just for reference.

I also have an unrelated question about the Reading Statistics plugin... (Let me know if this question would be better asked elsewhere on the forum...) But does anyone know if the font size can be adjusted on pages like "Time range"? I tried changing the overall DPI but that doesn't seem to affect those stats pages.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NightGhosting_R.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	193940  
Old 05-23-2022, 07:44 PM   #1122
Freshmaker
Bookworm
Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle PW5, PW4
Quote:

Awesome thanks for adding that! I absolutely love the new page turn animations. Super satisfying.

I truly appreciate all the hard work that you and the dev team have poured into Koreader! It has made the reading experience infinitely better!
Freshmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 12:23 PM   #1123
muggleMode
Enthusiast
muggleMode began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
where do I have to touch to activate the page animations, I can't find it... is it in the latest version or is it that I have to have the development version?
muggleMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 12:52 PM   #1124
jnikkir
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggleMode View Post
where do I have to touch to activate the page animations, I can't find it... is it in the latest version or is it that I have to have the development version?
The animations were added in KOReader 2022.05 "Tulip." It's in Settings > Taps and gestures > Page Turns.

That said, was the animation setting added to gestures in the latest nightly? I installed that, but can't seem to find it in the Gestures Manager.
Old 05-26-2022, 01:57 PM   #1125
muggleMode
Enthusiast
muggleMode began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Quote:

thank u, works even with the night mode enabled its amazing... such a nice work!
muggleMode is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch