Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-03-2022, 08:46 AM   #1
Evaristo
Evaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle K4 Black
Question Bug? Upside-down Koreader screen in Kindle KOA2

I think there is a bug in Koreader for Kindle, at least in the version for Kindle Oasis 2.

It can be noticed when starting Koreader from Kual. Its occurrence is not systematic and occurs only some of the times. It occurs for a reason that I could not identify, so to my eyes it is a random behaviour.

The behaviour is quite strange because it presents the text in the screen upside-down (and stays upside-down whenever I move the Kindle) and when I try to get to the menu options, the menu is presented in the opposite inverted location from where the touch is expected by Koreader. You can learn to read upside-down and, after long trying, you can get lucky and manage to touch in the exact inverted position of the place where the menu entry that you want to press is shown, but it is not an easy task. The only sensible solution is to reset the kindle with a long press of the lock button and to try restarting the Koreader and hope that it will start "normally".

Am I missing something that I should do differently, or is it a bug of Koreader?

Thanks!
Evaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 09:45 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Probably the same as https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/8656
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 10:04 AM   #3
Evaristo
Evaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle K4 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Yes, indeed. I tried to search for a similar bug already reported but did not find it. Thanks and sorry for the duplicate!
Evaristo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koa2, koreader