Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-30-2022, 10:13 PM   #1
txgecko
Enthusiast
txgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Pocketbook Color
Metadata not transferring to Pocketbook Color

So (at least some) metadata has stopped transferring over to my pocketbook color sometime in the past couple weeks. I've got a bunch of books (journal articles mostly, actually, which may or may not be relevant) for a class I'm taking all set with the class name as the series, and tagged with the class name and module number. The first book, an epub of a textbook and the first book I added to the pocketbook, shows up as the only book in the series, and none of the tags show up at all (I assume they should be showing up under 'genre' in the library? Thats where all the tags on my fiction show up anyway). Since then I've added about two dozen other books, a few epubs but mostly pdfs since thats the way I get them from the library databases, and none of them show up in the series or the tags. At first I thought this might be an issue with PDF metadata being different than epub metadata, but the few articles I have as epub aren't showing up in the series either. I've tried the 'embed metadata' feature, but that hasn't changed anything. I can go through one by one on the pocketbook and add them to a collection, but with this many books thats a pain, and the reason I switched to pocketbook from kindle in the first place. Does anyone have any suggestions? The only possible cause I can think of is that while I'm usually pretty lazy about downloading and applying software updates I may have updated calibre after sending the textbook but before sending the others.
txgecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 12:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I doubt the pocketbook firmware has support for anything besides title and author in PDF. As for your epub issues it will likely be because the epubs are epub 3 which again the firmware wont support. DO an epub to epub conversion in calibre which will convert them to epub 2 and resend them you should be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 09:22 AM   #3
txgecko
Enthusiast
txgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Pocketbook Color
Good to know! That'll fix the epubs, and if it can't see detailed metadata on the pdfs, I bet I can use a plugboard to put the tags in the title so I can at least bring them all up with a search, or something. Thanks!
txgecko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, metadata, pocketbook, pocketbook color, series