Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-27-2021, 11:05 AM   #1
TvdTogt
TvdTogt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Using GitHub as Repository versioning EPUB

I have been looking for practical ways to collaborate on EPUB files, and wonder if people have used GitHub for this. Since an ePub is just a zip file, I could just unpack its contents in a folder on GitHub, clone the repo to my local machine and work on the local files. I would love to do this with Sigil , but Sigil does not seem to understand a unzipped ePub.
Especially when working with others on the same ebook, this would save me a lot of sending complete ePubs back and forth and remembering which file is which version...
Any thoughts on this?
Other people who would like support for this in Sigil?
Cheers,
Ted
TvdTogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:36 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Precisely what these two plugins were designed for: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293649
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:57 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Also, Sigil already creates git archives in a specific layout for its Checkpointing. It uses dulwich (pure python git code) to create the git repo.

If you followed the layout, you could load and recover epubs from git via the Checkpointing tools as well.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, github, sigil, versioning