Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-03-2023, 04:07 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
New Kindle PW5 unable to be jailbroken

I bought a PW5 (as a gift) during the Black Friday sales. It came with firmware 5.15.1. So do not buy a PW5 if you have to have it jailbroken as it's not possible.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 05:03 AM   #2
KarZh
KarZh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
AFAIK, there is no way to jailbreak a 5.15.1.

I'm trying the open case and using serial debug pins way to hack Kindles -
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=351369
KarZh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:54 AM   #3
naulels
naulels began at the beginning.

Device: PPW5 LOCK
my ppw5 5.15.1, can i jailbreak it
naulels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 03:56 AM   #4
innocenat
Zealot
innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PPW5, Quaderno A4, Supernote A6X, Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by naulels View Post
No, you can't.
innocenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 04:37 AM   #5
naulels
naulels began at the beginning.

Device: PPW5 LOCK
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocenat View Post
No, you can't.
so sad, can i downgrade
naulels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 05:32 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
so sad, can i downgrade
Not without first jailbreaking. So no.
Old 01-30-2023, 05:33 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Did you actually read the first post in this thread that I posted?