Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
notemaker
notemaker began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Automatic backup of notes (Note/Max2)

Hello,

I'm still rigorously trying to assess whether the Note would be a good purchase for me and from what I hitherto have gathered I think it is. There is however one last question holding me back:

Is it possible to automatically backup the notes taken on the device, using e.g. Dropbox or Google Drive (or some other solution) and if so, can the backups be read on other devices?

I know that notes can be exported to images and manually transferred to a PC (or, I suppose, to a backup folder on the device) but I want to know if it can be done automatically. Perhaps an app that automatically copies the notes when changed to the backup folder?

Would greatly appreciate if anyone could share their experiences/knowledge in this matter!
notemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #2
MadAstra
Enthusiast
MadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Oasis, Onyx Boox Note
I'm not sure if there is a way to do what you want, but the Note does include an option to do a "cloud backup" of notes. I've tried it, and it seems to save a database of all your notes on the cloud that you can then restore with later if you need to. I can't tell what service this is backing up to though -- probably Onyx's own servers. And the manual doesn't say anything about the details of this service, so I think you have concerns about privacy/government intrusion/security, you should avoid this particular service.
MadAstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
backup, dropbox, max, note, sync