Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-24-2018, 05:49 AM   #1
deste
deste began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can't select text on Adobe Acrobat after converting epub to PDF

Hi, I noticed that after I convert my epub file to PDF with Calibre, I can't select any text on Adobe Acrobat. I can select text on other readers but not on Acrobat on iOS. Selecting text on the same file works on Desktop though, so I think this could be an app issue. Is there anything I can to do fix this?
deste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not really, pdf output in calibre uses a feature call unicode cmaps which was added to the pdf standard over a decade ago, but sadly a few apps still dont support it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:22 AM   #3
deste
deste began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Not really, pdf output in calibre uses a feature call unicode cmaps which was added to the pdf standard over a decade ago, but sadly a few apps still dont support it.
Interesting, but still, I believe that I could select text as usual before the new Adobe Acrobat update. I reported the problem to Adobe and they are handling it. If anyone else has this experience, either wait for them to fix it or also you can highlight text using comments.
deste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acrobat, calibre, conversion from epub, epub, pdf