Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2018, 07:39 AM   #1
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
Most trouble free firmware for H2O v1

Hi,
I recently purchased a used H2O v1. I am currently running firmware version 4.10.11655 and turning pages are sometimes problematic.(Wont respond and will eventually skip pages) I just wanted to check and see if this is a firmware issue and if so, if anyone can suggest a better firmware version.

Thanks in advance,

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:25 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I have a H2O v1 from new (SD card slot).
I miss homepage of older FW, but overall the most recent I updated is 4.8.11073 and is least bugs so far. Page turns fine.
I thought 4.8.11073 is the most recent being offered officially for H2O v1 ?
Calibre doesn't say there is any update available.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
See https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Kobo Aura H2O kobo5 4.8.11073 May 2018

Unless you mean 1st version of the second edition of H2O? (No SD card slot?)
Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v1 kobo6 4.10.11655 August 2018
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #4
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
Hi,
Thank you. I do have edition 1, but I was able to install the firmware for the second edition. I was trying to see if overdrive would work. It did not. The software ran great with the exception of faulty page turning. I will revert to the recommended firmware.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
Hi,
Thank you. I do have edition 1, but I was able to install the firmware for the second edition. I was trying to see if overdrive would work. It did not. The software ran great with the exception of faulty page turning. I will revert to the recommended firmware.
Read this thread on how to install 4.11.980 on your H2O. I plan on doing this on my original H2O once I figure out the patches.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=312299
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert