Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2016, 09:46 PM   #16
trap000d
trap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle PW1
Sorry if my question was not clear enough.

Quote:
1. Is it possible to put text to Kindle screen from bash/python script other then with eips (to use Unicode characters)?
And thank you for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Neither Python nor Bash come pre-installed in the Amazon file system (the shell is Busybox Ash).
But Lua does (in all 5.x series devices).

You have never said WHAT you want to put on the screen, only what didn't work for you.
Without any clue to just what you are trying to achive . . . .

Write to tekUI - it has already been modified to play nicely with the Lab126 X11 installed.
The project page:
http://tekui.neoscientists.org/

The modified version (with examples):
https://github.com/janetizzy/KUAL-buttons

tekui does not have its own thread, the contribution starts here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=15

And I have already set-up a 'standard practice' for extending the built-in Lua with <whatever> placed in visible USB storage.
A working example - look up (here) my CPU Report button thread.
trap000d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #17
trap000d
trap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipsetrap000d can illuminate an eclipse

It works for me.

Well, thank you all.

As for this little weekend project.
Tested on 3 devices and working well. Most annoying (for me) issues are fixed.

TODO: daemon mode, two-way sync (kindle->server: on next weekend), rewrite everything on Lua (in my next life)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trap000d View Post
Hi There,

I've made a very simple Seafile https://www.seafile.com/en/home/ client.

Currently it lives here:
https://github.com/trap000d/seafile-kindle-client

Known Issues/Bugs
- Only one way synchronization
- Client doesn't erase sub-directory (and it's contents) if it's not exist on the server
- Non-latin characters are not shown through eips
- Just rudimentary checks of internet/WiFi availability/file operations
- SSL certificate verification ignored (verify=False) just to make it work with self-signed SSL certs

So I've got some questions to developers:
1. Is it possible to put text to Kindle screen from bash/python script other then with eips (to use Unicode characters)?
2. Any suggestions in regarding to self-signed SSL certs, or just left it as is (verify=False)?
Advert
Old 10-03-2016, 01:28 AM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Do you have the project in a public repository?
Is it available under an Open Source license?
= = = = =
Yes, the question you asked was clear about your problem, but the problem lacked context.
Without proper context, it is impossible to suggest the appropriate answer.

So in the context you describe, my original answer remains the only one possible:
Quote:
1) Yes.
Your second question was also lacking context.
All certificate verification chains end in a self-signed certificate.
So the only context available there suggests you (or your verify code) is doing something wrong, not that the chain end certificate is self-signed.

In general:
Ref: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#goal

Last edited by knc1; 10-03-2016 at 01:38 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:13 AM   #19
trap000d

It is open source and is in public repository.
I didn't think of any license until you asked me .
OK, GPL v3

Code:
About knc1
Biography
    Old, Slow, Grumpy
BTW, did you ever work in support service ?

Quote:
Do you have the project in a public repository?
Is it available under an Open Source license?
= = = = =
Yes, the question you asked was clear about your problem, but the problem lacked context.
Without proper context, it is impossible to suggest the appropriate answer.

So in the context you describe, my original answer remains the only one possible:

Your second question was also lacking context.
All certificate verification chains end in a self-signed certificate.
So the only context available there suggests you (or your verify code) is doing something wrong, not that the chain end certificate is self-signed.

In general:
Ref: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#goal
Old 10-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by trap000d View Post
It is open source and is in public repository.
I didn't think of any license until you asked me .
OK, GPL v3

Code:
About knc1
Biography
    Old, Slow, Grumpy
BTW, did you ever work in support service ?
I know Seafile is, I meant your current Kindle project code.

Believe it or not, that one is difficult to answer.
The phrase has changed its meaning and usage over the decades.

"Support service" as in help desk (call-in, write-in, etc) customer support: Only in unpaid positions such as here.
Wrong personality type.

"Support service" as in (another slippery one) "Field service, install, test and repair": A large portion of my life.

"Support service" as in Director of a department supporting corporate management decision making (mostly marketing and corporate strategic planning): About twelve years.

The most inclusive, generally true description:
A supporting position of some type, either hands-on or in a management position over a department.
Covering the very simple (Your kid tripped over the cord and pulled it out of the wall) to some very exotic ones.

Last edited by knc1; 10-03-2016 at 09:06 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2016, 06:11 PM   #21
trap000d

You don't believe, but I meant my project too.

If you read my first post once more and click on a proper link, you'll be redirected to github repository of the project.

Regards,

Quote:
I know Seafile is, I meant your current Kindle project code.

Believe it or not, that one is difficult to answer.
The phrase has changed its meaning and usage over the decades.

"Support service" as in help desk (call-in, write-in, etc) customer support: Only in unpaid positions such as here.
Wrong personality type.

"Support service" as in (another slippery one) "Field service, install, test and repair": A large portion of my life.

"Support service" as in Director of a department supporting corporate management decision making (mostly marketing and corporate strategic planning): About twelve years.

The most inclusive, generally true description:
A supporting position of some type, either hands-on or in a management position over a department.
Covering the very simple (Your kid tripped over the cord and pulled it out of the wall) to some very exotic ones.

Tags
kpw, kual, pw2, python, seafile