Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-09-2018, 04:44 PM   #1
laszlopanaflex
laszlopanaflex began at the beginning.

Device: none
Set default value of a custom column

Hello again,

I am wondering if there's a way to set a default value on a custom column, so that when a new record is created the custom column automatically has the specified default value.

If it matters, the custom columns that I'd like to set default values for are "text with a fixed set of permitted values" and "yes/no".

Thank you.
laszlopanaflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlopanaflex View Post
Hello again,

I am wondering if there's a way to set a default value on a custom column, so that when a new record is created the custom column automatically has the specified default value.

If it matters, the custom columns that I'd like to set default values for are "text with a fixed set of permitted values" and "yes/no".

Thank you.
Only way I can think of is to write a File Type plugin, they run when a book is added to a library.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:54 PM   #3
ralfpeter
ralfpeter began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlopanaflex View Post
Hello again,

Thank you.
Looking for this feature as well. So I could default Read column to No.
ralfpeter is offline   Reply With Quote