Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2016, 03:27 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Some features (eg collections) are disabled on an unregistered Kindle. Easiest solution is to register it and then just leave WiFi turned off.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:25 AM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers_McGraw View Post
Sure, but it has been turned off and on many times since then, will it continue to do this for ever? Do kindles not work properly when they're not registered?

If you bought a new one from a brick and mortar store instead of online, it wouldn't be registered... would it do the same thing as mine is doing now?
Turning off and on is not the same as re-booting it.
Read up, you have been posting that you are re-booting it.
I do not know that you are, but that is what you have written.

A Kindle in normal use does not need to be re-booted any more than you cell phone does - once or twice a decade is 'often enough'.

Kindles require registration for some features to work.
Most of your problems is your finger holding down the power button to re-boot it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:47 AM   #18
Feathers_McGraw
Feathers_McGraw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Turning off and on is not the same as re-booting it.
Read up, you have been posting that you are re-booting it.
I do not know that you are, but that is what you have written.
Does the kindle not "reboot" or "restart" as part of the software update process? I haven't been "cold booting" it or anything like that (turning it off completely and then turning it on).

Do these words have a very specific meaning to you? I will try to be as precise as possible...

Quote:
Most of your problems is your finger holding down the power button to re-boot it.
I haven't done that at all. It was completely out of battery when I dug it out a couple of weeks ago, but since then it has had a charge the whole time, and I've only used the power slider to wake the device/ disable the screensaver.
Feathers_McGraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:47 AM   #19
Feathers_McGraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Some features (eg collections) are disabled on an unregistered Kindle. Easiest solution is to register it and then just leave WiFi turned off.
I see, I didn't know that - thanks
Old 08-30-2016, 03:00 PM   #20
Feathers_McGraw

New log attached, same thing happened as last time: I reinstalled MKK, started the firewall, turned off wifi, and the test kindle installation result appeared immediately :/
Attached Files
File Type: gz new-log.tar.gz (28.9 KB, 119 views)
Old 08-30-2016, 04:03 PM   #21
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
New log attached, same thing happened as last time: I reinstalled MKK, started the firewall, turned off wifi, and the test kindle installation result appeared immediately :/
Thanks.

That hasn't been heard of before, but maybe it is something new added to the firmware.

I'll do some log reading later this evening.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:26 PM   #22
Feathers_McGraw

Thank you, I appreciate you spending your time helping me!
Old 09-02-2016, 08:17 PM   #23
Feathers_McGraw

Hey, did you find anything interesting in the logs? Any more information I can give?
Old 09-02-2016, 08:37 PM   #24
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Hey, did you find anything interesting in the logs? Any more information I can give?
Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten about them.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:20 PM   #25
Feathers_McGraw

Any luck?
Old 09-11-2016, 03:35 PM   #26
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Any luck?
I couldn't see anything that seemed any different.

All I am sure of, is that my K3-3G/Wifi does not act the way yours does.
Mine is still on 3.4 and I have the WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE flag file at the top visible storage.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:57 AM   #27
Feathers_McGraw

Thanks for looking into it.

I think I'll do a factory reset and try it all again with 3.4!
Old 09-12-2016, 09:05 AM   #28
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Thanks for looking into it.

I think I'll do a factory reset and try it all again with 3.4!
Better yet, just register it if you can (you will not be able to if Amazon has blacklisted it).

There are a lot of things that do not work, or do not work as expected with an un-registered device.

Tags
amazon update, backdoor lock, keystore removed, mkk